Ahnonay Bahro Cave Problem

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Ahnonay Bahro Cave Problem

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:14 pm

OK I set the Ercana Furnaces at 40-30-20 as specified in the Bahro Cave.
15 minutes later the blue light came on and I opened the dispenser.
I took the pellet to the Ercana Bahro cave and dropped it.

I went to the Ahnonay Bahro Cave and waited for 15 minutes the pellet dropped in BUT all I got were hissing gas bubbles with no light.

Therefore the code was not displayed...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Re: Ahnonay Bahro Cave Problem

Postby Annabelle » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Yeah... I had the same issue. As I remember, just skip that part, really. The pellets are completely messed up on DI.

Anyway, let's look at the whole picture here: Deep Island is based on URU:CC not MOUL so there's no need at all to have the 4 glyphs.

URU:CC's D'ni-K'veer is reachable from The Watcher's Guild (name given in DI). You need to wait 14-15 minutes, that's a fact but not for the pellets ;). You'll be enlightened ;)

MOUL's D'ni-K'veer is reachable from a bahro stone placed somewhere in D'ni-Ae'gura. You'll reach the "almost" same version as the one of MOULa except for the Myst book. You'll have another version of the original island to visit (given the fact EoA's ages are added to your DI installation)

What is Deep Island Shard then ?!?!
It's a mixed bag, a URU:CC based shard with its own gameplay as it's not behaving exactly like URU:CC, far from behaving like MOULa. It's really complex, you need to play URU on DI trying to avoid any reference to other way of playing URU. I posted something on another thread today that goes in the same scheme of thought
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:32 am

Thank you Annabelle

I spend more time in URU Live and Gehn than on UAM or DI so this is completely new for me.

This is a refreshing change, again thank you
Wamduskasapa

Postby diafero » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:01 am

You can make the pellets in Uru:CC, too (and the pellets on DI behave like those in CC, plus multiplayer bugs). However, if I recall correctly, the baking time is much longer, it is more like four hours - and there's some bug which breaks it all if you leave the age while the baking is in progress.
But last time I tried this is several years ago, so my memory may well play tricks on me here.

And yes, DI is a very weird mixture of games, especially if you drizzled the Myst V ages into it ;-) . There's a (or actually, two) seamless transition(s) from Uru to Myst V, which I still like very much each time I think about it :) . DI also has a Bahro stone in the city which is not present in any other version of Uru, and some other oddities we inserted here and there to get all the ages combined properly.
Show Spoiler
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Korovev » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:51 am

Pellets do work, but are tricky to get right. The sliders have to be a little below the line, and the four units have to be set exactly the same. A steady hand and a screen capture are quite helpful :)

Edit: And I guess there are no pellet points.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Annabelle » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:02 am

Ok then...it seems that pellets work on DI. I don't have the patience to wait or to fiddle them to work. Maybe you guys have more patience than I have.

So you need to bake them in order to see the fireplace "TPoTS" code. Yeah because yesterday, I tried the "enlightment" process in The Watcher's then worked my way into the Path of the Shell and got linked inside Myst Fireplace.

In the fireplace, you have 4 choices:
1) to escape : open the door & exit to grab the sparkly (in December if I'm right) & the clothing item from Catherine
2) for a goodie :) : enter the code known from the original Myst game
3) for a yuckie instead :lol: : enter the code for the recipe of D'ni Eggs ;)
4)most importantly to reach D'ni-K'veer : enter the code of TPoTS, the small creature-like code

For that 3rd code, you need the part shown inside the Lower Cave for that as the code parts are all scattered in "TPoTS" ages.

See how this way of playing URU is hard to get acustomized to? I said in my previous post to not bother much about the 4 glyphs (MOUL's TPoTS)...and then later in the same post to avoid making references to MOUL, I just fell in my own trap there. ;)

Anyway... you got the main point: URU in DI is a strange creature (mostly because of its multiplayer environment I should mention because the equivalent offline (when URU is drizzled) is less strange but still...)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby diafero » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:21 am

Annabelle wrote:In the fireplace, you have 4 choices:
1) to escape : open the door & exit to grab the sparkly (in December if I'm right) & the clothing item from Catherine
2) for a goodie :) : enter the code known from the original Myst game
3) for a yuckie instead :lol: : enter the code for the recipe of D'ni Eggs ;)
4)most importantly to reach D'ni-K'veer : enter the code of TPoTS, the small creature-like code

For that 3rd code, you need the part shown inside the Lower Cave for that as the code parts are all scattered in "TPoTS" ages.

See how this way of playing URU is hard to get acustomized to?

Actually, that part is completely unmodified and works exactly the same in Uru:CC ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:35 pm

Is there any way to get Ahnonay as a PERSONAL instance ?????

Edited:

The pellets do work!!

Ignore the Blue light Wait for the time required then open the dispenser hood and use the dispensed pellets.

otherwise the pellets are worthless even though the light is lit on the dispenser...
Last edited by Wamduskasapa on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wamduskasapa

Postby diafero » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:02 pm

Is there any way to get Ahnonay as a PERSONAL instance ?????

Unfortunately this is not possible - if I make Ahnonay private, there is no public instance, and then it is not possible to play Ahnonay together anymore (as the book sharing does not work reliable).

However, the Myst Fireplace code is the same as offline, so you can obtain it there and hen use it on the Shard.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Ehren » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:27 pm

The baking time for pellets in CC is much SHORTER than MOUL, and the pellets glitch if you aren't in the age the moment they finish baking, but you can leave as long as you link back before they are done.

But the pellets don't seem to work in the Pellet Cave on DI anyway. They don't light up the cave at all, no matter what kind of pellets are used.
Ehren

Next

Return to Deep Island