INSTALLATION SRART UP PROBLEMS

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

INSTALLATION SRART UP PROBLEMS

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:48 pm

Can anyone help me with Deep Island installation / start-up ? I have done everything as per instructions and when I click on the start button I get the message that some dat file has invalid version and that shard cannot start. It is dat/Garison_District_FemaleLandingRoll.prp file. I have created avatar name and I can even see who is playing at the moment but I cannot go past that and start / enter the game :(
Please help. Thank you in advance.
Zesty of Xeniphers
Zesty of Xeniphers

Re: INSTALLATION SRART UP PROBLEMS

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:32 am

solved (could not delete the post)
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby diafero » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:51 am

I like problems solving themselves :)

However, for future players having the same problem, it'd be great if you could describe what you did to solve the problem.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:18 am

i think i just deleted and uninstalled all including CC. then started from the scratch. installed CC first (made sure it works) then unzipped shard folder and copied all the files to CC folder. when asked if i wanted to overwrite some files i said 'yes' :) oh one more thing - i always run the game 'as administrator' otherwise it doesn't work. i think, that's all. yeah, it sounds easy once done, i know :lol:
Zesty of Xeniphers

Return to Deep Island