ELODEA and how to play it ?

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

ELODEA and how to play it ?

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:21 am

hello, we just started to play elodea (btw new to DI as well) found several cloths in the first part of the game, but far from finishing it or even visiting all the parts of it but now we can't continue... when we click on the first picture in the elodea book it transports us to the circular room with the sun ornament on the wall with the cloth in its center. when we clicked on it before it used to transport us to the first part of the game - NOT ANYMORE :( when we click on it now - nothing happens - and there is no way out of that room :( we do not wan to click on the second picture in the elodea book because we didn't finish with the first yet.
please advise...
Zesty of Xeniphers

Re: ELODEA and how to play it ?

Postby janaba » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:25 am

Dear Zesty, Elodea is indeed a vast universe to explore consisting of four worlds, Elodea mainland, Elodea Unterwelt, Elodea Tunnelgang and Elodea Schatzkammern ... :P

I don't know how far you've been making yourself familiar with its environments and requirements to proceed ... So, at first there are seven cloths to be found in each of those worlds to find and open a special 'key room' offering more clues to proceed ... you also, after having found all of the 7 cloths, are then able to find the resp. linking book to the next world, in your case Elodea Unterwelt ... this means at your point (with 7 cloths clicked) be vigilant to search the island for 'a path' to that book wherefore you have to search for hotspots everywhere to activate sth (this is already a hint) ... ;)

Where you are at right now, I suppose and I hope I got that right, is, where you have to go back up the way you've been 'going up' already in the beginning to arrive on Elodea's mainland ... It is atm unfortunately not possible to directly link back to where we've been leaving the world, means we always have to go back to the main island and through the found passageways/books and this also applies to proceed again to the next worlds of Elodea, but as there is a special link on the mainland besides the 'next for Unterwelt', maybe you've seen it already, to another Elodea world it will not be too arduous to continue on a more advanced level of progression into this universe ...

This sun ornament in general is transporting you back to the last cloth you've been touching btw, just like the cloth in our Relto linking books, so maybe you've found all seven cloths already, but that's my speculation right now ... However, now you know how to get back to the island and I'd recommend you read through the following thread with many hints and tips about and for proceeding through Elodea successfully, just start with the second page right here ... Zesty, I hope that I put everything right and understandable for you and wish you an exciting journey through that awesome and wondrous universe, it is worth every effort ... :)
janaba

Postby Acorn » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:42 am

I've only played Elodea on UAM - which is like DI but offline. I think on DI your game may be changed by other players pressing the cloths so this is why you may not be able to get back to the place you were before.

If you mean you get to the room at the beginning with a pavilion and the sunburst symbol on the wall, then on UAM there is certainly a way out of that room. If you look round the walls, there is a
Show Spoiler

But maybe things are different on the DI version?

as janaba says, a lot of people posted on the forum with queries and hints and tips as we made our way through this massive and marvellous world. Hope you enjoy your exploration of Elodea as much as I did!
Acorn

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:13 am

oh i see :) wow so brilliantly made... i think i found the way out that room :)
btw yes, i am sure someone "messed up" with our progress in the game... a friend told me that it can be done by other players pressing the cloths...
anyway LOVE the game, reallly, really good :)
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Annabelle » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:12 am

I'm like a cat, never leave an open window somewhere or you'll be sure I'm going to explore beyond it :D

Look at this picture:

This picture was taken in Deep Island today. I think Janaba is playing offline which version doesn't have the 2nd book, the one that enables linking to each world.

There's an easy way to add that book to your offline install library though... I don't remember how I did it except it's somewhere on this forum. Let me check & I will re-edit this message accordingly.

EDIT: I found the link...http://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=6109&start=100 this should lead you to the 11th page, if not go there, search for a discussion between jogi & myself about this matter.

Have fun exploring this wonderful universe! This universe and many others created by other fans are the reasons why I'm always returning on URU:CC / Deep Island even after 3 years. BTW... Deep Island is 3 years old this month :D
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Acorn » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:25 am

we have the second Elodea book on UAM now too - I found it on the shelf the other day. A nice surprise!
Acorn

Postby Annabelle » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:53 pm

Acorn wrote:we have the second Elodea book on UAM now too - I found it on the shelf the other day. A nice surprise!

Ok thanks! I didn't notice because... I did a fix before so I cannot see the difference ;) It should ease the way to explorers. I played through (touching the 28 clothes) yesterday with my... approved ways ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby janaba » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:01 am

Did anyone see this already? ... :geek: ... and I'm going to ask the same question here again ... Does that mean that Elodea is now MOUL compatible and could be implemented in all MOSS and Dirtsand shards as well as into MOULa, theoretically and practically? ... However, this is really wonderful to see more fan ages being implemented and even such a huge one, which I didn't expect to happen anytime soon ... Congrats again to all who made that possible ... :P

Edit: Something important just comes to mind before I'm sounding the bells too loud lol, TOC also has a TPotS version and Dulcamara didn't specify her message in that regard, so it could also be very much possible that Elodea would 'only' be explorable on the online TPotS version of TOC like on the DI shard, which I haven't installed and won't also, as I don't want to have too many Uru installations lol ... Ok, just saying and damping or better soothing the expectations ... :D
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:23 am

What a news! :lol: ;)

Dulcamara posted on the wrong sub-section of TOC's forum. Indeed, the age SHOULD be now available on the TOC TPoTS shard. I say "should" because I deleted my avatar on that shard. It offers nothing more compared to Deep Island. Often, it's not up-to-date like for Elodea for example that made it to the shard ... 4 months after its birth ?!? Last time I had the statistics for TOC TPoTS, there were 135 explorers...nothing compared to the ++700 explorers on Deep Island. Thanks for the info for those who might enjoy that shard...
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby janaba » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:27 am

Thanks a lot for the clarification, Annabelle ... :P
janaba

Next

Return to Deep Island