ZEFORA age glitch

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

ZEFORA age glitch

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:48 am

I went to explore Zefora age today, was transported to the room with a bed and a chair with a big window. Saw the button on the wall and opened the window. Well, it seemed like I can go beyond, I jumped and found myself reltoing out. Oh, well I said, swimming is not possible there but I will link again to see the other parts of the age only to discover that I COULDN'T do that anymore :(. I can't go back to Zephora anymore. Every time I link there I finish in the light blue screen, somewhere behind graphics I suppose, endlessly falling it seems, but not really possible to tell what's exactly happening. I am NOT reltoing out though but can't see neither my avatar nor anything else... and I didn't even see the age properly. So what I am to do now ? Please help.
Zesty of Xeniphers

Re: ZEFORA age glitch

Postby Annabelle » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:26 am

I would suggest you to quit the game, exit to desktop & wait a bit. Then reload the whole game. Usually when this kind of glitch happens to me, I just relto out 2 or 3 times and it repairs itself. If the glitch still persist, I quit, & I come back after. This will clear the game's memory. ;)

And this is a lesson to learn here :lol: ... A cat doesn't like exploring water so if you see an open window with water beyond get yourself tied up or something to avoid the urge to explore in that direction ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:18 am

Annabelle wrote:I would suggest you to quit the game, exit to desktop & wait a bit. Then reload the whole game. Usually when this kind of glitch happens to me, I just relto out 2 or 3 times and it repairs itself. If the glitch still persist, I quit, & I come back after. This will clear the game's memory. ;)

not sure what you meant by 'reload the whole game'. if you meant exit the game completely and start it again well, i did exactly the same... went out of the game completely and into the game several times and the glitch is still here. :( is there any chance i get fresh age dat file without messing up with my progress in DI ? because it seems to be the only way... as far as i know...
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby tachzusamm » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:51 am

You could try /!resetage when in Zefora.
tachzusamm

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:47 am

My suggestion is to shutdown the game then shutdown windows

afterwards restart windows then start game and then attempt to link to Zefora. If you succeed then type the command "/!resetage"
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:36 am

thanks tachzusamm, it worked :)
LATER: oh the GLITCH is here AGAIN ! and i didn't do anything with it in the meantime. played elodea. i don't know what to do. please do help. thanks.
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Annabelle » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:06 am

Yes I meant to shut down the game wait a bit & come back later.

Locally, if you play offline, it's always good to keep a whole version for backup reason so you can re-copy the dat files of the broken age in your game install. Online, this is a whole different story... if !resetage didn't do much, better to avoid Zefora for a while. Maybe Diafero will pass by & he will see the issue. He might just reset the whole server, I dunno.

If you are looking for age(s) with a lot of content & puzzle try Somewhere/Iceworld, Adrael (thru DRA Office book), Rashoo Bahrota'n & Roshanhnin Korvakhanhn (something like that...many H & N), etc.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:20 am

avoiding zefora for now is the best advice annabelle. i just thought the issue is connected to my jump through the window but actually it isn't ! i tried zefora several times and it works sometimes but most of the time it doesn't. it is not really connected to what i do. the glitch must have been there before, i think. such a pity. a nice age to visit...
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Annabelle » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:03 pm

Zefora is really nicely done. It's a puzzle age linked with another puzzle age "The Shinelight Manor". You must proceed through every puzzles inside these 2 ages to be able to unlock a 3rd age, a reward age: "Tsoidahl Prad" which is really nice. I know Justintime is working on a re-new version for Tsoidahl Prad.

What I proposed you is alternative "worlds" made by other explorer or group of explorers where puzzles, adventures, & storyline awaits. I forgot some nice ages in my previous list: Takla Ma'kan, Jo'nae Hood, Jo'nae (less puzzle oriented but still really nicely done), Sonavio, etc. (Again I might miss some :lol: you must forgive me ;) )
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:49 am

i thank you for the great suggestion Annabelle. i really appreciate it. however i would still like to play zefora too. if someone is willing to investigate the issue i would be grateful.
Zesty of Xeniphers

Next

Return to Deep Island