ZEFORA age glitch

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: ZEFORA age glitch

Postby Korovev » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:32 am

Apparently, this issue is not new; it also happened to me months ago but I forgot to report it :oops:
One workaround is to quickly /spawn to solid ground.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:51 am

/spawn indeed works or /a. thanks :)
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Ehren » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:09 pm

In case anyone was wondering why it happens...

The problem is how Zefora is loaded in, since it seems to work like Minkata (with two different distinct states for the entire age) where the main prp files are NOT directly paged in by the age file, but rather by the Python once you are actually in the age (though before the screen fades in all the way from black, so it never ends up looking like it was loaded in any later).

The problem is that if things load too slowly, there is no ground under you at the link-in-point to catch you yet, so you fall through before the solid ground is even paged in.

Minkata gets around this issue by having a small solid plane at the link in spot that is separate from both the day and night prp pages and is simply loaded in directly with the age file itself, before Minkata's coding has to determine whether to give you the day or night page. Justin could also fix this issue by putting in a small solid plane (in a page that gets loaded in with the age file) to catch the avatar at the link-in-point.

In the cases where you find your feet stuck a little in the sand in Minkata upon linking in, that means that you fell and hit that emergency plane before the main Minkata page was loaded in. Sunken feet are certainly better than falling all the way out of the age.

This issue is a lot more rare on an offline install because it can, in general, load faster with no server to have to connect to.
Ehren

Postby Annabelle » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:52 pm

Thanks Ehren. This is a nice explanation. I was wondering why in Minkata, I was sometimes below ground & sometimes not. :)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby janaba » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:52 pm

This is indeed very interesting, thank you, Ehren ... :P
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:21 pm

Thank You Ehren, your explanation answers several questions that I have wondered about, and gives me an idea for inclusion within my own age design..
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:40 am

Finished The Shinelight Manor and Zefora (one picture puzzle in Shinelight Manor that gives a clue as how to open the door in Zefora). Is that all ? The Tsoidahl Prad book was already on the Relto bookshelf and on our surprise, after finishing those 2 ages nothing really changed in Tsoidahl Prad. Not even one single puzzle to solve. Are we missing something ?
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby janaba » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:13 am

Zesty of Xeniphers wrote:Finished The Shinelight Manor and Zefora (one picture puzzle in Shinelight Manor that gives a clue as how to open the door in Zefora). Is that all ? The Tsoidahl Prad book was already on the Relto bookshelf and on our surprise, after finishing those 2 ages nothing really changed in Tsoidahl Prad. Not even one single puzzle to solve. Are we missing something ?

Not that I remember, Zesty ... There is a journal to find somewhere outside, and you can bake some firemarbles and have a walk outside onto the courtyard, though I don't remember atm if that is actually possible without using fly mode and forcing my way through that gate ... but that age is very beautiful, isn't it? ... :D
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:30 pm

Zesty of Xeniphers wrote:Finished The Shinelight Manor and Zefora (one picture puzzle in Shinelight Manor that gives a clue as how to open the door in Zefora). Is that all ? The Tsoidahl Prad book was already on the Relto bookshelf and on our surprise, after finishing those 2 ages nothing really changed in Tsoidahl Prad. Not even one single puzzle to solve. Are we missing something ?

Korovev stated this earlier today on another post:

Korovev wrote:On a general note, all fan Ages on DI are shared; saving progress, unless you do everything in one go, is unlikely and impermanent.

This shows you one side of the problem. Ages' writers tried to solve that issue by forcing their ages to keep forever the latest state they were left in UNLESS you do a reset.

This is the reason why one should always reset the fan age they are trying to solve entering it. We should always do it in order to really appreciate the fan ages' puzzles (if you like them) because now you have been unfortunately spoiled with the Zefora/Shinelight Manor reward --> Tsoidahl Prad :(

Justintime, the author, wanted us to discover the beautiful Tsoidahl Prad as a reward after having solved puzzles from both Zefora/Shinelight Manor. Thing is a lot of explorers just leave Zefora to the night version to reach Tsoidahl Prad faster :roll: .
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby janaba » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:39 pm

It was on Justin's request that diafero un-hid Tsoidahl Prad btw ... :P
janaba

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island