Invalid dat file preventing login to DI

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Invalid dat file preventing login to DI

Postby MysBibi » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:57 pm

Installation and setup worked and I can see who is online at login but I continue to get an invalid file warning. It is dat/Garrison_District_FemaleLandingRoll.prp I saw that someone else had run into this problem. Short of starting over, any ideas on how to resolve?
MysBibi

Re: Invalid dat file preventing login to DI

Postby diafero » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:30 pm

This means that your installation is somehow broken. Did you follow the installation instructions here, especially this part?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby MysBibi » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:57 pm

I started from scratch. All went well. Got past the login screen. Ages updated for over an hour. Then I get this error message. uru exe has stopped. A problem has caused.... I tried several times and again, just now. Same thing. I think I am getting closer. I haven't found ''saved games'' in user file. Not sure I understand that part. I have the offline UruCC with the To D'ni and TPOTS expansion packs. Thanks for your help.
MysBibi

Postby diafero » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:39 am

You can also put Uru directory into the user folder (C:\Users\<YourName>), but Windows will create a "Saved Games" directory in there which you may just as well use.

"Uru.exe" has stopped working is caused by an incompatibility of recent IE versions, which can often be worked around by playing with the "Compatibility mode" settings.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby diafero » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:46 am

While debugging another users' issues, we found another possible reason for this error message - even if it does not apply in your case, it's worth publicly documenting this.

Please make sure that you installed both "Uru: Ages Beyond Myst" and the expansion pack "The Path of the Shell"! Deep Island does not support pure ABM installations, you have to install the expansion pack. If you attempt to use the DI installer with ABM, you will get exactly the error message this thread is about.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Deep Island