Takla Ma'kan

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Takla Ma'kan

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:12 am

A wonderful age to play with many, many nice puzzles to solve. Thank you for creating it.
Now, I have a question. It is a huge age and really not possible to play it in one go. Takes time to think and solve the puzzles too. The problem is, every time we crash or log out the game automatically resets itself and then we have to start it all over again :( Even if only one player crashes and the other remains in the age, the player that crashed finds the game reset so both players have to start from the beginning :evil: . Really, really annoying. I hope we will have the patience to finish it, because we start every day from scratch and have to repeat everything that we have done before in order to continue.
So, my question is, is there any way to save the progress ? It has to be, in such a huge age. I am sure we are just overlooking something. Please advice.
Zesty of Xeniphers

Re: Takla Ma'kan

Postby Annabelle » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:44 am

Unfortunately, there's no way to save your progress. The very first puzzle is very tricky. If you don't touch the glyphs in the right order you are sent "home" ;) & the age is resetted.

Once inside a pyramid, the doors behind you will close as you progress. There's nothing you can do. I would say to take good notes of every progress you are doing since you will:

1) need them everytimes you enter back in the age

2) need them to solve one of the last puzzles which is as hard as the one in Spire. You need to gather info from everything before :lol:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby diafero » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:40 am

Takla Ma'kan is a very old age - it was created before we figured out how to properly save state, and synchronise it amongst the players of an age. That's why, unfortunately, there's no way around re-playing parts of the age when you take another try. However, as Annabelle already mentioned, with the notes you hopefully took, you don't have to solve the puzzles again :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:26 am

gosh no, we AT LEAST didn't need to solve the puzzles again. we repeated them so many times that we know them all by heart lol. we just HAD to REPEAT it all from the very beginning, over and over again every time we wanted to continue :evil: anyway, we successfully finished the age and really, really loved it, the lack of the possibility to save the progress being our only objection.
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Annabelle » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:08 pm

Have you found the secret passage to the HUGE Easter Egg Area ?

Show Spoiler
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Korovev » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:18 am

On a general note, all fan Ages on DI are shared; saving progress, unless you do everything in one go, is unlikely and impermanent.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:45 am

I believe so Annabelle. The statue room leads back to Takla Ma'kan, if we click on the 'tower' or down to the area with corridors, a tree room and more corridors with the dead end. Hm... Is that all ?
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Annabelle » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:23 pm

You forgot to look closely around the statues. There are 2 blue buttons. You should maybe click on them to see what's hidden. ;) Like I said... unfortunately one of the 2 areas was built by someone who passed away... :( She had great talent. I really love what she did; her hut is really wonderfully decorated :o. The guy did a nice job too only it's less nicer (my personal taste here).
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Return to Deep Island