Rell-too

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Rell-too

Postby Sirius » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:50 am

Jojon wrote:Hmm, we do have /shout, so perhaps a /fus-roh-da... :P
:lol:

Zesty of Xeniphers wrote:he was literally pushing his avatar into ours
Now that's really rude. Even in game, everyone should have the right to have their own living space, IMO :ugeek: .

Zesty of Xeniphers wrote:as far as i know i won't receive his messages but he will still be there, pushing himself into us :( that really should not be allowed.
That was the goal of the /shun command (main thread). IIRC, when used on somebody you wouldn't be able to see him, nor receive his chat... or hear voice chat from him... (his name might still be displayed in the Age player list, for convenience). I think you would even be rendered invisible to the other player.

I *think* the command is currently available on Gehn (I didn't read the whole thread)... Originally it was requested because of sexual harassment in MOUL, which is even worse.
It could be a good idea to ask Diafero to include it in DI.

Video games are not reality, but mmog are still A FORM of reality, and some people can't understand that. They simply think their own selves are hidden behind their game avatar and can do anything they wouldn't do IRL :(
Sirius

Postby janaba » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:22 am

Besides that this person seems to have been quite provocative and intrusive, more than anyone could or should probably tolerate, something else comes to mind and could in general be kept into consideration, when Zesty describes how close that person kept himself to them, with his body and/or face directly in front of them ... :P

There are defintely places in Uru where the camera perspective or angle is so unfavorable, like e.g. in the hood's community room, the Watcher's Pub, the Myst library, of course, as it is very small, the Hall of Kings and other such places, and of course in fan ages too, where it can happen that you're standing not too close but right in front or behind someone or to the right or left and unknowingly standing on somebody else's toes so to speak lol or with your head directly in somebody else's monitor view, while not realizing this fact for yourself immediately ... You only learn about that possibility when you experience this yourself when standing in such places in a crowd and just know that they didn't do it deliberately ... Yeah, this doesn't erase or diminish Zesty's experience, I just mention this to keep this in mind too ... :)
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Zesty of Xeniphers wrote:he is an english speaker annabelle. he was able to make completely correct and game spoiling sentences. we said no, thank you. is NO so difficult to understand ? and also, it is not about what he said but about what he did. how can you play when someone is constantly standing on your way, so close to you that you can't see anything except his avatar face or body ? he did that intentionally, there is no doubt about that. and his intentions were not good. he was literally pushing his avatar into ours :( following us every step of the way. it was impossible to play. i see he is in the game right now and if he stays we are not going to play in Deep Island today.
btw how do i put someone on 'ignore'. as far as i know i won't receive his messages but he will still be there, pushing himself into us :( that really should not be allowed.

Sorry to read that Zesty :? :(

I never thought explorers would misbehave that way on Deep Island. I would say the best advice would be to report that explorer to diafero, the shard admin.

You can have only 1 account per explorer on Deep Island. If there's a big incentive coming from above (aka diafero) telling this person to stop misbehaving and act correctly unless their account will be close, they might change.

I was very happy to see that Deep Island kept growing month after month going over 700 members. I'm wondering if the Pandora Box is not open for griefers...

From my personal experience:

I was telling you to put that person on ignore because I had an issue on my very first day on Deep Island (can you believe it :roll: ), the guy was really well-known in the community and made several fan-ages also. This guy never liked me for whatever reason (mostly because supposedly I lack imagination ... hmm :lol: ok whatever ;) ...). As soon as I got online he began to insult me on Neighbors chat. At one point, a guy name kaelisebonrai said to that guy to "Shut ... " (I'll let you imagine the rest :lol: ). I then decided to put the griefer on ignore to concentrate myself on my journey with kaelisebonrai because he was teaching me the basics of an alcugs shard's features.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Calena » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:39 pm

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with another player on Deep Island. If it happens again, it might help if you send an email to diafero. There's probably something he can do, if only sending a note to the player asking him to mind his manners. His email address is at the bottom of all his posts.

One of my favorite things about Rell-too is when I drop down that rock chute and that "Poof!" thing happens with the colored smoke. I don't know why I'm so fascinated with that, but I am :lol: . I just get the biggest kick out of it.

Of course, denDwaler's addition is gorgeous (I'm a huge fan of all his work). IMHO, the entire age is a fascinating place to explore with such a huge variety of excellent work and interesting ideas.

The one thing I don't care for is the star walk, but that's just me. I don't care for places where I just have to run and run and run. That's a long walk and lots of run, run, run. Which is also why my least favorite age of any age is Minkata. I finished it, but I hated it!
Galatians 2: 20-21

"Don't mess with me today. I have my CAPS LOCK key and I know how to use it!"
Calena

Postby Deledrius » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:30 pm

Calena wrote:The one thing I don't care for is the star walk, but that's just me. I don't care for places where I just have to run and run and run. That's a long walk and lots of run, run, run. Which is also why my least favorite age of any age is Minkata. I finished it, but I hated it!

I actually don't mind them so much... but my fingers do. They get really tired with lots of running in Uru. I wish there was a runlock for areas like that.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:52 pm

Deledrius wrote:
Calena wrote:The one thing I don't care for is the star walk, but that's just me. I don't care for places where I just have to run and run and run. That's a long walk and lots of run, run, run. Which is also why my least favorite age of any age is Minkata. I finished it, but I hated it!

I actually don't mind them so much... but my fingers do. They get really tired with lots of running in Uru. I wish there was a runlock for areas like that.

I enjoyed Minkata, because it allows me to accomplish something that in RL I am not able to do because of being confined to a wheelchair. I am of course talking about the ability to run, jump, climb and walk.

As far as a "Run-Lock" key why don't you use the "Caps-Lock" key??
Last edited by Wamduskasapa on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Karkadann » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:07 am

its situations like the one Annabelle is describing that really discourages people from going online I have had a few questionable experiences a few months ago over on a different server, and have not been online since except for the forums.
But I also like to work on my ages which is another thing that keeps me off line. Don't let them spoil your fun their is always a way around such things and always remember "Don't feed the troll'

who knows maybe Diafero can add a vanish to the ignore option, out of sight out of mind
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Deledrius » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:20 am

Wamduskasapa wrote:As far as a "Run-Lock" key why don't you use the "Caps-Lock" key??

CapsLock only toggles the run modifier. I'm talking about using the typical NumLock to cause my avatar to auto-run without the need to hold down a key. It's useful for large, mostly-straight distances, and saves the fingers from RSI. Even large areas like Teledahn and Gahreesen could benefit from its use. I can't think of an MMO that I've played made after Ultima Online which didn't have this, with the exception of A Tale in the Desert (but then it was an exception in as many ways as Uru likes to be).
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby janaba » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:16 am

Wamduskasapa wrote:I enjoyed Minkata, because it allows me to accomplish something that in RL I am not able to do because of being confined to a wheelchair. I am of course talking about the ability to run, jump, climb and walk.
As far as a "Run-Lock" key why don't you use the "Caps-Lock" key??

As this topic developed somehow to not only talking about Rell-too, and initially it was never only about Rell-too, but about griefers on DI, so I'd like to thank you, Wam, for sharing this wonderful photo with us ... yeah, and it fits perfectly with how you're presenting and behaving yourself here, and I can tell you that from the face, not the body, my father was much more small and slender (and I am even more so, just like my avi lol), but the face looks very similar to my father's, esp. the cheerful and warm expression and smile ... now he's 'gone' ... :P

Besides that, as for being confined in your body or even a wheelchair and not capable anymore to do in RL what you can do in Uru/MOULa (or any other MMO game) that applies to quite a lot fellow explorers and friends which I've learned from the beginning and which impressed me a lot that many really found a new and real life with friends and everything here in Uru and thus calling it their home ... Yeah, thanks a lot again for sharing and being who and how you are and my best wishes and blessings to you ... :)

Back to the many interesting topics here ... :D
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:17 am

This is the reason why this is my favorite part in Rell-too :lol:. I really like to go on long stretches jumping & running with the weird sky effects taking place.

Rell-too is really awesome because you are always entering a whole new age at each of its change. :D
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island