Elodea Question

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Elodea Question

Postby Oldone » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:51 pm

I'm not sure that this topic belongs in this section of the forum, so if not, please redirect it to where ever it belongs.

Just a week ago I downloaded Elodea on my off line DRIZZLE shard. Wow, what a refreshing new age! I haven't visited the DRIZZLE version of URU in a while, but since I was introducing my grandson to the Myst series I happened to go to this version and notice Elodea.

Long story short. We played through and found all 7 of the flags and were having some trouble getting to the next level so I cheated and jumped about 100 ft and landed in what I have found out to be Schatzkammern. We found a book there that suggested going back to the mainland section and finding a key behind a secret door. I went back and found the door and the hidden button to open it. Inside is the giant rotating emerald and a stone key in front of a picture. I tried to take the key but it doesn't seem to be something you can pick up, looks kind of big to carry around ;) .

Now the actual question, does the game remember that I found it for later use in opening doors in later ages? I didn't find anything to click on.

Oh yes, in researching the game at this site, I found out how to set up a book on my shelf that allows direct link to the age I'm playing, I also realized I needed to do Unterwelt and Tunnelgang before Schatzkammern which I will do even though I have explored much of Schatzkammern.
It's in my nature to walk on the ridges of mountains, do jumps, and skydive in these games. I just love this new age and am amazed at the amount of work put into it. The developers have put new life into this game. This age has developed a new excitement in me, it would be real neat if someone from Cyan would pick up on this and aid with the graphics. That's not a criticism of the age, just an observation. Given a choice I'll take the content over pretty pictures.

Thanks,

Fred
I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I didn't say what I meant

MOULa #232078 #756156, Deep Island #276544, TOC-MOUL #387000, GHEN #298300, TPOTS #68552
Oldone

Re: Elodea Question

Postby Ainia » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:03 am

Shorah Oldone/Fred and welcome back to Uru! :)

The "key" cave in Elodea is displaying an important clue that you will need to use later, so there is nothing for the game to "remember" for you; but there is something for you to remember later! Dulcamara uses this big key to highlight the "big" clue to be found in each Age and which will need to be used later in solving a puzzle.

However, the game will "remember" how many of the seven cloths you have gathered in each Age. The cloths work similarly in some ways (and differently in others) to the way the Yeesha cloths work in UruCC. The cloths serve as linking points once you collect them, with the initial "sun stone" at the start of each Age linking to the last cloth you touched inside the Age. So the sun stone can be used as a shortcut to location(s) in the Age. This is handy since each of the four Ages is quite big.

One of the differences with the cloths is that they each are assigned a "number". In UruCC, when you press the Yeesha journey cloths, they will glow with the total number you have touched so far, no matter which order you find and touch them. In Elodea, each cloth will glow with its assigned "number", so you will need to keep notes about how many you have found in each Age. You must find all seven cloths in order to unlock the final area for each Age, all of which is necessary in order to progress further.

You can find a lot of detail and discussion about this Age on this forum here. Just be aware that there are hints, tips and spoilers posted there, so read with caution!
ImageImage
Ainia

Return to Deep Island