Exploring Negilahn and Payiferen

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Exploring Negilahn and Payiferen

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:36 pm

The Pods use to have an exit in the floor of the first level in the form of a trapdoor. But when Cyan gave URU to that "other" company those were removed and the online ability to explore outside was also removed. Offline only Payiferen retained it's collision plates.

At one time there was another means of exit that depended upon a camera bug BUT that old Graphic dependent camera bug has been modified out of existence.

BUT there is another easier means of exit that works both online and offline. Though in Negilahn and TOC MOULa be ready to use "/float"

First off DO NOT use the Keyboard Keys to run
USE the Mouse

Step 1: face center of 2nd floor window
Step 2: Type "/jump 10"
Step 3: Type the "Caps Lock" key
Step 4: Depress left mouse key
Step 5: Type the "Enter" key

wah lah - you are outside and you are also able to explore in either the 1st or 3rd person viewpoint...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Re: Exploring Negilahn and Payiferen

Postby Deledrius » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:59 pm

Wamduskasapa wrote:The Pods use to have an exit in the floor of the first level in the form of a trapdoor. But when Cyan gave URU to that "other" company those were removed and the online ability to explore outside was also removed. Offline only Payiferen retained it's collision plates.

Wait, what? What other company? The pods were only released during MOUL (though at least Negilahn existed before as it's in the trailer, and the released game had very rough images of Todelmer as linking panels). Anyway, none of them have collision planes outside the pod on MOUL (I just checked). I'm assuming those are added for DI.

Unfortunately, only Dereno and Payiferen have exterior surfaces to the pods. I was just looking at them in detail a couple of nights ago and I found it fascinating that no two pods share the same set of features (including a few mesh gaffes). It's kinda funny that the pods, which should have been almost entirely cut-and-paste jobs had an apparent long stream of tweaks, while the exteriors were left so unfinished.

Wamduskasapa wrote:wah lah - you are outside and you are also able to explore in either the 1st or 3rd person viewpoint...

BTW: voilà :D
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Annabelle » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:17 pm

I'm still thinking about a solution Wam, I read your PM yesterday...

On Gehn, it was once possible to exit the pod but now with the new physics...we cannot.

I'm not sure why you want to go outside in TOC MOUL because there's no solid ground past the pod itself.

EDIT:

For Deep Island & Offline URU, there are some stuffs I need to check.

Diafero has put a different version of Negilahn and Payiferen on Deep Island.

On Deep Island, those ages have each a "Race's Extension", an extension made by Race (in other words)

For Negilahn, the Race's Extension is: "Negilahn_District_negiWalkable"
For Payiferen, the Race's Extension is: "Payiferen_District_payiWalkable"

1) You must download Deep Island and go visit Negilahn & Payiferen once
2) You then go in the "Dat" folder of Deep Island and you copy these 2 above-mentioned files
3) You paste them into your "Dat" folder of your URU Offline install (with the Offline-KI enabled)

That's it! You can now enjoy Negilahn & Payiferen exteriors on your Offline install.

The camera bug might be there. I didn't try your trick yet. I know I can overcome this issue, I don't use the same trick as you and quite frankly I don't remember how :lol:

Oh and make sure to void or re-check the checksum file of each age, otherwise you'll crash to desktop at the startup of URU.

Voilà ;) :lol:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby diafero » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:12 pm

No need to manually copy anything to get the walkable exteriors into your offline Uru, they are on UAM as "MystV/CT Improvements".
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Annabelle » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:19 pm

diafero wrote:No need to manually copy anything to get the walkable exteriors into your offline Uru, they are on UAM as "MystV/CT Improvements".

Ahh I didn't know that. The way I described was how I did it a long time ago before those improvements were added on UAM.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Return to Deep Island