UAM and DI

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

UAM and DI

Postby karmakettle » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:28 pm

Shorah! I've just begun exploring the wonderful ages accessible through Deep Island... so please go easy on me. Before I knew better, I accidentally used Drizzle/UAM with my Deep Island version of Uru. I downloaded the Offline KI, Age Information, and Elodea. Then, I confusedly logged on and explored Elodea for a short time.

First, if this caused any trouble, I apologize : (

Second, my main question... Since I've updated UAM's Pots folder path to a separate Uru installation, do I need to fix anything in the Deep Island version of Uru? Are there any files that should be removed?
karmakettle

Re: UAM and DI

Postby Annabelle » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:01 pm

I would suggest you, if that's not too much of a hassle, to simply delete everything, every folder, and start on a blank slate. Reinstall URU, a proper install, & patch that install with the DI server client. I expect you didn't explore much yet so it shouldn't be a real issue.

I wouldn't suggest you to try to see what have been done wrong and try to patch here & there.

For your info, with the Deep Island server, the drizzle tool can only be used to import Myst 5 EoA ages, crowthistle ages, MQO ages, or Hex Isles ages.

Good exploration :)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Re: UAM and DI

Postby karmakettle » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:30 pm

Thanks for your help! I did as you suggested and applied DI to a new Uru installation. I think I'm back on the right track :)
karmakettle

Return to Deep Island