Elodea

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Elodea

Postby Annabelle » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:39 pm

Oh My my my!!!

Where I was this last month... (apart from haunting Dulca's Nexus...)

I missed the new Elodea. It's time for me to put back my explorer's hat & explore :) Thanks for your hard work and commitment Dulca! I hope to see & explore Alabaster real soon too ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Ainia » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:49 pm

Ooh, ooh, ooh!!!!

It's on Deep Island now and I ran around for hours last night before finally falling through the "floor" and panic-linking!! I still have to go back and finish admiring all new shininess and finding all the new goodies! :)

Dulcamara, you are *directly* responsible today's sleep deprivation!!! :D

For anybody who thinks they've already discovered all there is to Elodea, *you are mistaken*!! And now I'm getting all jittery and excited about Alabaster and Gallardien... This is gonna be SO great! :lol:
ImageImage
Ainia

Another rave review...

Postby Annabelle » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:28 pm

It's hard for me to find the words to describe the journey I lived tonight: awesome, incredible, fantastic would be good words :)

I logged in Deep Island and spent 2.5 hours in Elodea.

If you think: "Oh I know Elodea, I've played there in the past...", you don't know Elodea let me tell you ;)

When I logged in, I started right away by touching the sun portal at the beginning...big mistake, I found myself in the ..."Where am I??? I have no clue" location :lol:. For the first 45 minutes in that age, I was only wandering trying desperately to find something to hold on to, if you go in one location expecting to find something, you won't find that something you are looking for. If you enter in a location thinking you know it by heart, you'll be surprised, everything has changed...

The old version of Elodea was more perceived among explorers as a "passage obligé" before getting in the heart of their adventure (Unterwelt/Tunnelgang/Schatzkammern), the new version of Elodea stands on its own! :)

There are great novelties in that age. You'll have something for everyone in it. Fun time for skydivers, for puzzle solvers, for explorers... with more areas to explore, more hard to reach places, with more puzzles implemented.

I won't lie that I already finish the whole solving, I'm too fast unfortunately, at least I will be able to go to bed tonight though... I'm sure you'll have great fun solving it!

With this new age, we can only hope Alabaster will be ready really soon. Alabaster will add 3 new ages. Imagine with Gallardien on top of all that, Dulca will have created the most complex and huge adventure platform in URU. Thank you Dulca for this renewed age, you did an awesome job!!! :D
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby TrapperDave » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:28 pm

Elodea is a fantastic splendid shard. I arrived there by accident this morning and I am glad I did !
While there Dulcamara came to me and answered a lot of questions for me and she is very helpful and friendly!
I will surely return there and recommend this age for everyone, just the layout and beauty of it is enough reason to go there.
I took a fast run through just to scope it out and thought it was terrific!
Dulcamara did an excellent job ! The details and textures are great!
After hugging the cross on top the mountain peak I knew right then and there that I would return to Elodea again !
offtrack:
--
I completed Somewhere and was following a story line to Iceworld, but that seems impossible for me.
Having no luck trying to enter Iceworld ( it seems I get server internet connection error & then it shuts down) abruptly.
Only once did I try to reset the age in nexus chat to hit it immediately and finally got to accept the rules only to crash on
linking again.
--
So wanting something to do I went to Elodea to check it out & am sure glad I found Elodea !
I can see spending hours and days in Elodea and things work smoothly ! :P
TrapperDave Ki #00151142
Lost somewhere in Elsewhere for a long time
TrapperDave

Postby Annabelle » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:29 pm

Welcome TrapperDave!

I saw you online on Deep Island the other night.

BTW...

Elodea is a fantastic splendid shard.

You surely wanted to write "age" instead.

"Elodea" is the entry door to other ages that are all inter-linked together. For now, there are 3 additional ages available. In a near future, the offer will double to 6! :) Enjoy your journey over there!

---
About your offtrack on Iceworld... you are not the only one to have issue on Deep Isand with that specific age, I usually play there on URU:CC (offline) so I never experienced the linking error you described.
---
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby TrapperDave » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:32 pm

Thanks for the Welcome :) Annabelle ( long time no see)
I saw you in the nexus but didn't think you were really there ?
I knew I should have been called on that statement as soon as I posted it ( shard) LOL
I went back to Elodea for a little bit tonight and OMGosh !
I found a linking book to Elodeas Unterwelt and off I went and touched my 1st Journey Cloth !
It certainly is an age , a humongous age ( ages) ! WOW! WOW ++++ :P
Thumbs up high as can be for Dulcamara :shock:
... who said " .. the Journey Begins" ?
TrapperDave Ki #00151142
TrapperDave

Postby Annabelle » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:46 am

TrapperDave wrote:I saw you in the nexus but didn't think you were really there ?

You are the 2nd explorer to tell me that! :lol:

It's some sort of ghost effect. There are 2 explorers that seems to be ever present on the shard and obviously they aren't; they are ghosts too.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Ainia » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:06 am

Shorah again,

I just wanted to say again how awesome your updates are, Dulcamara! :D As per usual, the puzzles can be fiendish but in the end, always are fair.

And for those who have played through the earlier version of Elodea (surface world), I found more than once that my prior experience of Elodea worked against me! And I'll leave it at that... ;)

A question for you Dulcamara: Are the vines meant to be climbable to their tops? We coaxed Annabelle to consult with us on the matter yesterday and she thought not... and if that is the case, could we plead, bribe or otherwise convince you to add a few more leaves (or shoe glue) to that effect??? :D :D :D (I would *love* to see the view from the very top there!) (Chocolate! I have CHOCOLATE!!!)
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby TrapperDave » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:15 pm

Having completing the journey through: Elodea ( main island), Elodeas Unterwelt, Elodeas Tunnelgang, and Elodeas Schartzkammern;
I must leave a review. As it was said before if I recall there are no words to express the vastness of it all !
So I will just say: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious !
It was a great adventure from finding two bird nests and a mother bird attacking me, I thought at first :)
From little bats in a cave, and countless rooms to explore ! Skydiving was great !
I know I have not seen it all & I will return many times I'm sure to skydive and explore !
I will post one picture of the outer limits of Unterwelt :)
My last puzzle in Schartzkammern to the secret room took me 3 days though (haha).
Because there were 17 fools staring at 12 pictures, and I was one of the fools.
Breaking the 17 apart that left me with 2 fools & 15 fools and still 12 pictures.
Then all of a sudden I used my gut instinct & was rewarded to enter the final splendid room :)
I think this is a great series of ages and from what I understand will continue to other ages.
I look forward to more of Dulcamara's work & thank her very much for the enjoyment !
( I only encountered one problem in Unterwelt. Having been to the key room three times before and wanting to return
I found the blue button stopped working for me? I don't know why but I went back to Elodea and did everything all over again
plus the journey clothes in Unterwelt. All of a sudden the door opened again!

This might have been from my skydiving and trying to enter the Star Gate ( which later I found out why I should not).
Anyways I got broke, & then fixed so I could continue the journey to the end :)
TrapperDave Ki #00151142
TrapperDave

Postby Ainia » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:11 am

Shorah TrapperDave,

Regarding the blue buttons:

Show Spoiler
ImageImage
Ainia

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island