Elodea

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Elodea

Postby Dulcamara » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:25 am

Hi Zeke
Thank you for your critic. I understand your objection. But I want to ask you something. Are you a agebuilder? Or do you know anything about programming?
I'm actually just someone who likes to work with Blender. It is just a hobby. But I have no idea about programming. :lol:
Everything you see on animation in my age (ages) took a lot of work, sweat and tears. I always try again..... export ...... until it finally works.
Since 2010 I am working on this ages and currently I'm working on an update for Elodeas upper world. It would already be done, but unfortunately I have a problem with a puzzle.
None shakes a puzzle out of the sleeve ....... ......... I wish it was possible.
Also you have to write a story. But this is not easy. Modeling, story, programming, puzzle .... those things do not happen from one day to another.
Incidentally Elodea has something like a history, maybe not the most spectacular. But it's there ......

Greetings
Dulcamara :)
Dulcamara

Postby Ainia » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:36 am

zeke365 wrote:I would like to give my review on Elodea. Well I appreciate the work on making this world massive (I"M NOT KIDDING IT IS MASSIVE) but I felt like I was running in an empty world like it was just for exploring (if that what your were aiming for then you did a great job). Most of the time I thought what is the purpose and back story of the age. This is how felt when playing it and I not saying the cloths were not interesting but there no motivation to go look for them. Though I found a few clues to some puzzle of some kind in the 3rd section but I would love to see puzzles and back story implemented in this age to give me more motivation than exploring. That my review.

Shorah zeke365,

I'm a little puzzled by your opinion that there is no story to Elodea. Perhaps you felt there wasn't enough story? Or that too many questions were left unanswered? Or maybe I am just misunderstanding what you said?

For myself, it seems that Dulcamara has put together a very Cyan-like Age both in complexity and in story. Only a little of the story is obvious to us from the few journals/letters we find. The rest we must deduce for ourselves with what we see and discover. Although I have yet to conquer some of its secrets, I have found the hidden story of Elodea to be very interesting!

There are many questions about the Elodeans I would like to answer but cannot... such as why they seem to be very human in their culture (European symbols and customs), how they are connected to Yeesha, and why their village by the sea seems to have been abandoned only recently. I am hoping Dulcamara will reveal more in her upcoming related Ages, Alabaster and Gallardien. :)
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby zeke365 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:30 pm

I not saying the age is bad, It actually quite beautiful but I understand where coming from even though I gonna try to learn to do age building even though I'm no programer so I know does take a lot of work. A guess you were implementing the story into visuals though I unable to open any journals in the 2nd part. The one thing I can say is you can truly get lost in the age. Maybe I was missing something or need to explore to understand it. Hope this helps.
zeke365

Postby dmayo » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:10 am

@ 4 am this morning (aug 21) found updated version of Elodea in my Relto. Love it. Beautiful. This the first time I've written in this forum. Dulcamara, your age is exciting. Haven't gone far in it. found exciting new area to explore. the water is swimable. Please don't stop writing ages. dmayo/komayo
dmayo

Postby Dulcamara » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:13 am

Hi dmayo :)

Many thanks for your wonderful statement.
I hope you were not disappointed when you saw that the update extends only over the upper world.
Currently I have no plans for expansion underworld / underground corridor, and treasuries.
After a few more sound fixes (the Footsteps missing part) have made ​​in the upper world, I will
concentrate on Alabaster.

Greetings
Dulcamara
Dulcamara

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:23 am

dulcamara, your new elodea is amazing ! thanks so much :)
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Acorn » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:21 pm

Will we get to see the update on UAM? I do hope so! Please! 8-)
Acorn

Postby Dulcamara » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:52 pm

But of course Acorn. :)
I'm going to run some corrections, then I will ask Diafero.

Greetings
Dulcamara
Dulcamara

Postby Acorn » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:27 am

Thanks, Dulcamara - can't wait! :D
Acorn

Postby Seppolo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:05 am

Yes, as always, Dulcamara! Fantastic! Bomb!

Congratulations!

I would say that the update brings a Elodea Gold Status! :D
The details and effects are great and round the whole thing off perfectly! :)

Thank you so much for this fabulous world you have given us Explorers!

love greetings
Seppolo
„Myst will never forgotten“

Seppolo

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island