Elodea

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Elodea

Postby Annabelle » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:46 pm

Great news!

I have finally "solved" the first puzzle of Tunnelgang. I'm saying "solved" because quite frankly I cannot tell the solution of it. I used brute force technique to find the solution. I'm wondering where the solution lies with the clues I have in hand? I know about the ...
Show Spoiler
but it doesn't help me much up to now.

I do wonder like janaba how Dulcamara finds time to work on her ages like that. I'm quite sure she does that to change her mind from Alabaster. Sometime when I'm working on a huge project, I often take a break of it by doing something else. It might be her way to decompress. And we can be thankful of her for that because she is improving her ages. Elodea's Upperworld is becoming more and more attractive & Tunnelgang is now more complex than ever before!

On one hand, I used to like Tunnelgang very much because it was (and still is) a "physical age" just like Gahreesen is (you have to move a lot and do jumps, climbs, etc.) On the other hand, I always felt it was too short. I was able to do the complete tour of Tunnelgang in 10 minutes chrono! Now with the new improvements, it's becoming more up-to-par with its sister ages (Upperworld, Schatzkammern, & Unterwelt). It didn't grow much (story-wise & geography-wise it would be hard to expand it...) but it is more filled with novelties: puzzles, locations, more objects, corrections of collision with vases (that didn't have any before), & a nifty mouse! :lol:

As always, I'm wondering if there will be such a thing as a deception coming from Dulcamara's work... ;) :lol:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby janaba » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:21 am

Haha, and don't forget the mechanical birdie and even flappers are now living in that lava stream, wonderful ... :P

Yes, I've been 'exploring' a bit more too, yesterday, I've put the exploration in quotation marks, I really don't have to tell you this anymore, right?, but I'm mentioning it briefly again, I'm not 'really' heavily exploring anymore, when I get stuck I just 'fly' lol ... I've properly solved the whole Elodea universe once, that was already quite an accomplishment for me lol, and I don't have the nerves to do it all over again, but besides that I'm done with running around for clues for hours and banging my head etc. in general lol, I'm just enjoying if I want to ...

However, I thought it'd be easy to solve the puzzle Annabelle mentioned above and tried everything to do it in the right order etc., but I didn't see or hear any special effect, except one certain button suddenly opened one door, but just one, and the beautiful gate was still closed, so I flew through it and pushed that lever and started my journey from there lol ... 8-)

I've also been on Elodea Mainland before, and I can say that everything looks more and more beautiful and Tunnelgang as well is really completely overhauled ... You see and feel it even, it feels almost cosy down there, everything looks so sleek or polished and clean, and I love all those new little things (and the bigger ones too) she's 'thrown in' there everywhere, it adds to the cosiness and the overall atmosphere and there's great music everywhere ... Yeah, Elodea has really become a delightful excursion ... Congratulations! and thank you Dulcamara for sharing your passion with us ... :)
janaba

Postby Dulcamara » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:15 am

The hints for the first puzzle can now be found in one of the first rooms :)
Ananbelle, i think you're looking in the previous version.

Before Diavero has released the Ages for UAM, I have added some improvements :idea:

@Janaba: Are you sure you have found the correct Apparatus to enter the code :?:
Dulcamara

Postby Annabelle » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:35 pm

Dulcamara wrote:Before Diafero has released the Ages for UAM, I have added some improvements :idea:

I'm guessing so because...

janaba wrote:even flappers are now living in that lava stream, wonderful ...

I can swear, I never saw them ;)

Keeping track on changes occuring in Elodea is a full-time job let me tell you! :)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby janaba » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:08 am

Dulca, I've used the panel and the great apparatus with those five wheels, Annabelle mentioned above, but maybe I should go and look through the first rooms again for that puzzle hint as you've said ... :P

Annabelle, the flappers are not very easily to discern as they've taken on the color of that lava, but on the other hand if you look for them specifically in the lava, you can quite easily see them happily jumping up and down, they're just not jumping out of it, maybe they'd then freeze or just cool down enough to then evaporate and die when falling back into the heat ... :)
janaba

Postby Dulcamara » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:18 am

Janaba you write:Dulca, I've used the panel and the great apparatus with those five wheels

What you describe, is the apparatus where you get the solution for the code :arrow:
But the apparatus to enter the code is down the stairs in one of the next rooms. :D

And there are also the hints :idea: :!:
Dulcamara

Postby janaba » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:03 am

Ok, got it lol ... :D

I've actually been getting the code from that apparatus, and tried to enter it randomly into the panel resp. second apparatus without those hints ... I thought the apparatus already showed 'the code', though that would be far too easy, I suppose lol ... Even with the D'ni hints it wasn't possible (though for some it might be obvious immediately) ... So, I knew I'd need sth more ... and then I saw it and got it, entered the code and the beautiful gate opened ... :P
janaba

Postby Charura » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:03 pm

Was just recently able to download (again) Deep Island and will most certainly have to try this(these) age(s). It(they) sound wonderful...Perfect for me as the winter is about to start and it seems Obduction is going to be delayed for a bit... Looking forward to this quest..., thank you Dulcamera
Gehn Shard avvies: charura 10827 chickopee 142711 cannon belle 144577 char gearz 149794 teri dactyl 153077
Moul(a) Charura 55400 Chickopee 20089892 Cannon Belle 13686512 Char Gearz 706359 Teri Dactyl 12658065
Charura

Postby Oldone » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:35 pm

Well solved the first puzzle using my experience with the NARAYAN symbols and have made it all the way to the last door which seems to be a math puzzle using Dni numbers. I collected the 6 strange math calculations on the walls of the tunnels. Since the calculations do not seem to be correct, I solved them for what seems to be the correct answers. However that didn't help much either. So here I am staring at a green door and 6 posts with no ideas remaining.

Any hints?
I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I didn't say what I meant

MOULa #232078 #756156, Deep Island #276544, TOC-MOUL #387000, GHEN #298300, TPOTS #68552
Oldone

Postby Dulcamara » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:15 am

4 + 2 = 1 :roll:
math has never been my favorite :lol:

Show Spoiler

Greetings
Dulcamara :)
Dulcamara

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island