Elodea

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Elodea

Postby Ehren » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:32 pm

I found the prize!
(And without any cheating.)

Show Spoiler
Ehren

Postby TrapperDave » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:03 am

@ Ehren
:) ;) :shock: hmmm
---
There are some other secret places in all four Ages :) Skydiving is fun !
Spoilers ahead - have fun :) I won't say where, but off the beaten paths.
Have a bunch more but maybe later.
Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

BTW: Great picture of the Book Cover Ehren !
Last edited by TrapperDave on Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TrapperDave Ki #00151142
Lost somewhere in Elsewhere for a long time
TrapperDave

Postby Annabelle » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:40 am

I wouldn't say that the "Deep Island doesn't like it", it's the normal process occuring when you try to use a link that doesn't work. I did try the same on my URU Offline install with both books (Gallardien & Alabaster) and the result was identical.

I bet the window will be repaired soon by Dulca. It seems more to me to be a mistake than an intention. Great find though!

------ Additional stuff -------

I really like your 2nd picture showing the book cover. All the Elodea's mainland books have been improved. They are all textured with great artwork now. :)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Ainia » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:22 pm

Shorah folks,

Been getting into all sorts of mischief in Elodea and wanted to alert folks to something new (though it is spoilery).

I'd noticed a new, unfamiliar painting on the island and was curious to figure out what it might be portraying. Here are the results of my investigations (NOTE: if you want to investigate for yourself, refrain from reading further!).

I was intrigued to find a new painting on the wall... Show Spoiler

I hunted all over the island for clues, and was very naughty in the process Show Spoiler

Mystery solved... but there are so many more questions!! Show Spoiler
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Annabelle » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:41 am

There are so many clues on this island. I knew this painting was for Alabaster. The best thing to do when Dulca makes an update is to hunt down few locations on the island: the 2 rooms with close doors, the wooden houses near the pond. She will inevitably update the paintings, the clues, and the book on the table. I learnt the fish cave by looking at the updated book. I went to hunt the Jaruko fish after reading the book and not the opposite. I think we are getting closer and closer to the opening of the 3 Alabaster worlds (Alabaster (mainland), Alabaster's Cathedral, & Alabaster's ??? (don't remember the name)) so Dulca included a new painting of Alabaster mainland. ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby KathyLE » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:32 pm

To DULCAMARA
I don't have a single complaint about Elodea. After years of playing & replaying the Myst series we finally have something to do besides look around at pretty ages. We have an expansive age with four levels, problems to solve, goals to meet, a history and a storyline. Judging from the number of explorers that after finished all the available levels those problems and goals are not insurmountable. What more could us cavern explorers hope for. Are the textures & animation perfect? Do they have to be for use to enjoy taking the journey: I think not. I am having as much fun as I can remember having had in the many long years of waiting for something so well designed and engineered so as to make itself both playable, exciting, and enchanting. It's really hard to make yourself stop; I remember that same feeling as I played each of the Myst series. I have to give you the highest praise any Myst player could give: Cyan, Presto Studios, & UbiSoft would have been very lucky to have your imagination, steadfastness, and willingness to put in the hard work needed on their project teams. You may even want to contact UbiSoft as they are adding 500 jobs to their studios in Montreal and Quebec City. NOTE: they have operations all over the world. THANK YOU so much for everything you've accomplished with Elodea and I wish you only the best of luck with whatever project you next undertake. I look forward to seeing your work.
KathyLE

Postby Dulcamara » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:53 am

@ KathyLE

Thank you so much for this kind words. :)
I was very happy about it. It encourages me to continue on my projects.
I hope that I can just as inspire with Alabaster.
Well, it will cost some time and nerves. :lol:
But I hope Alabaster is later a good addition to Elodea.

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler
Dulcamara

Postby janaba » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:35 am

Wow!!! I'd say, with those kinds of awesome impressions many will silently wish you'd hurry up a bit lol, but of course we also know resp. can somehow imagine how much energy, dedication, time and nerves as you say yourself are flowing into such comprehensive projects as you are presenting them to us ... not that anyone really knows anything about it unless one had been going through all of this full-scale and deeply oneself lol ... :P

So, this means, Dulcamara, thank you, take your time or as the saying goes 'Slow and steady wins the race' resp. in German 'Was lange währt ...' or 'Langsam aber sicher', one step at a time etc. ... and I'm looking forward to this next great adventure ... :)
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:58 pm

janaba wrote:many will silently wish you'd hurry up a bit lol

I'm not silent about it... :lol:

There are nice animals paintings on the building walls. They might be part of a puzzle, something like click the lizard, the snake, and a third animal than you can activate a mechanism or something. I do hope we will see some wildlife in Alabaster. We hear them a lot in Elodea, we see the angry mother bird, we see some Jarukus if we swim in the right area, we also see some bats if we are adventurous but that's it. Although it would be more plausible to see more wildlife in the 3rd installment: Gallardien which is less desertic.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby TrapperDave » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:07 pm

Wonderful !!! I like the fiery sky :) Anticipation !!!!!! :o
TrapperDave Ki #00151142
Lost somewhere in Elsewhere for a long time
TrapperDave

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island