Resetting Your Relto

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Resetting Your Relto

Postby Ehren » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:48 pm

I was thinking, there really should be a way to reset Relto's kickable items (for your own Relto) on the server. Would it be difficult to add a "/!resetage" style of command that can check Relto ownership, and reset the kickable items without resetting "achievements" like Relto page settings, tree growth, wedges, and sparks?

This would be especially useful for fan made kickables since the way those pages are paged in cause them to be lost forever if they go off the edge.
Last edited by diafero on Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix typo in title
Ehren

Re: Retting Your Relto

Postby diafero » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:47 am

It would at least not be straight-forward... the usual "/!resetage" will delete the entire SDL state, which in the case of Relto includes the collected Yeesha pages and Sparklies. So you probably don't want to use that. A version of "/!resetage" that only reset kickables etc., but not the main age state, would need some coding on the server-side to do exactly that. I will not have the time to do that, sorry.
That said, the code is out there for everyone to read and patch: https://gitorious.org/alcugs . I'd be happy to review patches implementing this feature, and to give some hints about where to start, should someone be interested.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Ehren » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:20 pm

diafero wrote:It would at least not be straight-forward... the usual "/!resetage" will delete the entire SDL state, which in the case of Relto includes the collected Yeesha pages and Sparklies.

Are you certain that "/!resetage" would reset that kind of stuff? I just thought about something...

There is the age called DRA_Office, you can "/!resetage" there all you want, but the bookmark for the book to Adrael never gets reset despite the fact that it is remembered by SDL.

I don't know what the technical way to say this is, but I think that any SDL variable that is able to be edited from outside of the age itself will be okay. Things like the pages, hydrants, wedges, and sparklies can have their state changed from bahro caves and various ages.

These are the kinds of things where you can also delete the ".sav" for the age offline and they will still be remembered.

EDIT: Shoot, it would still reset the "last tree growth" time, which would allow the tree to be grown much faster...
Ehren

Postby diafero » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:34 am

Argh I had a long post about this, and then the board all ate it when my session was lost, and it didn't remember what I wrote when I had to log back in, and the back button did not work either. Thanks a lot, phpBB and Firefox.

Short version of my post:

You are right, I totally forgot about this part. Alcugs does not synchronise the SDL in the vault and in the game server (and neither does the offline game).

So I just enabled resetting Relto via /!resetage on DI. I'll let you be my guinea pigs and check whether anything breaks. Have fun :)
If it doesn't break too badly and we decide to leave this permanently, I should probably prevent people from resetting other player's ages ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Annabelle » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:26 pm

diafero wrote:Argh I had a long post about this, and then the board all ate it when my session was lost, and it didn't remember what I wrote when I had to log back in, and the back button did not work either.

I do not take any chance nowadays, everytime I'm writing something lasting longer than 5 mins to write down, I make a safe copy by pressing Ctrl+C. If my session is lost, I just reopen a new one and paste it back and post it. You can also for longer stuff use a word processing application.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Return to Deep Island