Deep Island "known issues"

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Deep Island "known issues"

Postby Ainia » Mon May 26, 2014 3:40 pm

Shorah everyone,

I didn't see this posted in the "Known Issues" sticky, so am posting it here. There seems to be a visible avatar state weirdness that strikes from time to time. For instance, earlier today a buddy of mine went /afk for a while and appeared to be sitting /afk to me at first, but then appeared to stand up after a while. He was still /afk from his POV and hadn't returned yet, so was confused that I'd been trying to talk with him in the meanwhile. From his POV, his avvie was still sitting /afk while to me his avvie was standing idle.

Something similar happened last week when a bunch of us were getting situated for a group photo. I was standing but appeared to be sitting to the person taking the KI photo. Apparently, after I jumped in place my avvie looked right to others.

I'm assuming this is a server glitch?
ImageImage
Ainia

Re: Deep Island "known issues"

Postby Annabelle » Mon May 26, 2014 8:53 pm

Shorah Ainia,

The same happens on MOULa too. If you enter an age with an idle avatar, that said avatar won't move for you until they jump in the air. I would say it's more related to the game than the server. I can't give you a precise example of this phenomenon as I don't log to MOULa much anymore but I saw this a lot back in the period 2010-2012 when I was mostly active over there. On MOULa, if you go mostly in public age, you'll be biased because often in those ages the avatars move a lot around.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby diafero » Tue May 27, 2014 2:27 am

This may also be part of a hack/work-around we introduced years ago to fix a crazy Uru bug. I totally forgot what the current state of this issue is. The problem is that Uru (used to) crash when a player leaves the age while being in afk state (or any other non-idle state). So I had the server send messages to people to pretend avatars leaving the afk state before linking out, to prevent these crashes. However, I thought that hack was all gone since Tahgtahv fixed the actual Uru.exe...
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby hhhenry » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:05 pm

Problems with Releeshahn converted from Myst V.
No problem accessing from city library.
But both the bookshelf book, (blue, rightmost top shelf) and access from Andy's Nexus thru his K'veer tablet - just clicking on the book spine or the pedestal, hard crash, cursor freezes ctl-alt,delete Task Manager (if I'm lucky - can be worse)
hhhenry

Postby diafero » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:09 am

This is probably the "video playback" issue. It should also affect the Myst V version of Myst. To fix this, you can delete the bik files for myst, drbo, rlshn from the avi directory. Or you can play around with compatibility mode, there was some setting which fixed it - I think setting it to "Windows 7" on Windows 7 (though that doesn't sound as if it makes much sense).
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby diafero » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:29 am

Addendum: Are you sure you mean Releeshan? The top-right book links to Direbo. This also makes more sense, as Releeshan does not come with a "link video".

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby hhhenry » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:40 pm

The link to Uru-Complete Chronicles in the Setting up a Deep Island Client in this forum is a Dead Link.
hhhenry

Postby hhhenry » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:05 pm

diafero wrote:Addendum: Are you sure you mean Releeshan? The top-right book links to Direbo. This also makes more sense, as Releeshan does not come with a "link video".

Very sorry I didn't get back to you. OK, if that top right blue book links to Direbo than I mean that book and Releeshan. They both showed up at the same time.
I have used that strange Win7 compatibility mode from the beginning (I read all the instructions) I deleted a couple files from the AVI folder (was I suppose to delete the 'with alpha' files? I renamed them) and the blue book goes to Direbo and Andy's Kveer goes to Myst destroyed. So, all fixed and I only thought I was going to Releeshan (I need to get those AAA strip maps for Deep Island!)
hhhenry

Postby diafero » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:42 pm

hhhenry wrote:The link to Uru-Complete Chronicles in the Setting up a Deep Island Client in this forum is a Dead Link.
Thanks for the hint - someone deleted that Wiki-page without adding a redirect :-( . I fixed the link.

hhhenry wrote:So, all fixed and I only thought I was going to Releeshan (I need to get those AAA strip maps for Deep Island!)
Great :)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby gimlet » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:41 pm

I don't know if this is a "known issue", but in the Library the link to KveerMystV does not seem to work. I get the error message pop[up window "... is not available, or does not exist at all".

- Gimlet
Gimlet (does the KI number matter anymore?)
gimlet

Next

Return to Deep Island