Mintaka Age Issue

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Mintaka Age Issue

Postby philipgr » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:45 am

Good evening

While playing the Mintaka age on DI this week I noticed a bug. What was happening is that everytime I linked in my avatar was partly suberged in the sand. Sometimes only its' feet were submerged, other times it was submerged up to its' knees and waste. Walking/running around it still stayed submerged. I had to jump it a few times before it was standing on the sand. Once this happened everything was fine.

Regards
Philip
:?: :?:
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Re: Mintaka Age Issue

Postby Sirius » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Yeah, that's because these Ages are taken directly from MOULa, where avatars don't line up the same way in some points. Since this one is too low, the avatar tends to sink below.
At worse, you can always use /jump 10 command to be back on your feet.

In some other places, the avatar might be actually a foot over the ground (mainly in Eder Tsogal/Delin). IIRC, this was a fix to prevent you from sinking in these Ages.
Sirius

Re: Mintaka Age Issue

Postby Ehren » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:00 pm

Sirius wrote:Since this one is too low, the avatar tends to sink below.

That's actually incorrect. Minkata's start is up high enough, playing Minkata offline you will probably never find yourself sunken in the sand upon link in. That's because it can load faster offline.

The big Minkata prps are loaded in "dynamically". The age has to check weather to give you day or night as you link in, this means the exterior day or night file is loaded a bit later on than most prps, but still before your screen fades in all the way. Cyan put in a square of safety ground below the normal ground at the link in point so that if you are having a slower load it will keep you from falling out of the age. But it also means that your feet will be sunken a bit in the ground once it does.

In MOUL you pop up to the correct level when you start walking, but with the physics here you just sink until you jump.
Ehren

Return to Deep Island