Oolbahnneea

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Oolbahnneea

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:02 am

hello, everyone. kirk and i have been playing Oolbahnneea for several days but are stuck in the maze and cannot proceed. we found the tomb room and the room with the blue circles puzzle. the problem is we could not find the way to open the tomb. we even tried to use a walk-through which says:
"Note the paintings on the wall, especially the one with the grid and lines.
One (and only one) of the lines correspond to a path from the start of the maze.
(It's the longest one, which is light blue.)
Follow this path through the maze until you hit where the path ends.
There should be a light square on the wall that you can press.
The tomb should now be open; read the journal inside it."
First of all we don't understand the painting. What do those squares in the painting represent ? And how is it possible that we did not find the path end with the light square on the wall that opens the tumb ?
please help. thanks
Zesty of Xeniphers

Re: Oolbahnneea

Postby Annabelle » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:31 am

(The old message has been deleted to be replaced by this one)

Ok so I visited Oolbahnneea and I must say the issue you have can be quite easily solved :)

First thing I have to clear out, the text Zesty is referring to in her post was not written by Wodan (the age's author, a German) but by Dustin (a Canadian, an English-speaker). I found out that you replicated a part of his walkthrough on your post (maybe taken from janaba's PDF).

The explanations are quite clear, the painting itself is more or less accurate... I don't really tried to follow it, I just paid attention to one detail in particular on it.

When you enter in the first maze, you have 2 paths: one going straight ahead and one starting on your right. To reach the coffin room with the paintings, you followed one of those 2 paths. If you look at the painting with the grid and lines and observe closely the light blue line, you will observe that...

Show Spoiler

Once on the right path, you must reach a point where you will see a button on the wall.... Touching it you will open the coffin.

Show Spoiler

That age is quite hard to solve and unfortunately it hasn't been completed appropriately. You'll eventually come across a blockade preventing you to explore the 3rd & 4th mazes. After those 2 mazes, there's a splendid room... It should be noted that on Deep Island this age is a locked one so you cannot cheat to visit the forbidden part of the pyramid. On your URU:CC offline install, you can easily cross the blockade and explore those areas at your leisure.

Show Spoiler
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby janaba » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:19 am

You're right, Annabelle, this age is really not so easy to solve, I myself didn't solve it yet either ... :P

The walkthroughs in my Pdf files are all copied and pasted from Dustin's Wiki, only all the new pictures and some comments esp. for new ages are from me ... Your comment reminded me btw that I still need to add a few ages, like Calena's Gavster, new Relativity pictures, Jhon's Shorah Pahts and of course our great new GoM Pub ... :)
janaba

Postby Dulcamara » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:36 pm

Hello together :)
I must correct you, unfortunately, Annabelle. ;)
The Age was actually written by Wodan (Dutch).
He's a friend from the H'Uru Info Team.
Possible that Dustin has written a walkthrough.
But it was built by Wodan.
He has provided me with his Blendfile available to watch me the details.

Since he and a few others work only with 3 dsmax (incidentally on a wonderful Age) :o
I know that Oolbahneea will initially remain unfinished.
What a shame and a waste of. :cry:
It is such a great age.

By the way, also comes Ashream of Wodan, I think it is also made ​​terrific. :P

Greetings
Dulcamara
Dulcamara

Postby Korovev » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:41 am

janaba: when you’ll update your PDFs, you could perhaps add the additional images for this Age from Dustin’s wiki (thumbnail-size would be fine); those maps really help :)
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Annabelle » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:19 am

@Dulcamara:

Yes & No finally... I think you misinterpreted my saying slightly ;)

Yes I was mistaking for one thing...I knew the age author's was Wodan :) What I didn't know was his origins so thanks. I knew he was member of H'uru Team forum so I thought German Forum = German-speaker = German guy! :lol: We rarely see people not living in a French-speaking country on the different French-speaking forums dedicated to URU, so I thought the same with your forums.

No I was correct because you seem to have misinterpreted my saying where I wrote "written not by Wodan... but by Dustin..." I'm not referring to the age itself but to the text provided in the first post by Zesty. I first thought that specific text was written by Wodan but after a check it was by Dustin. Just to clear this out :)

I visited Ashream but it's way too hard for me. It's too creepy also. And having cheat to see the final area, it's indeed too creepy :lol:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby janaba » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:34 am

Korovev wrote:janaba: when you’ll update your PDFs, you could perhaps add the additional images for this Age from Dustin’s wiki (thumbnail-size would be fine); those maps really help :)

I just looked and wondered what I might have forgotten and then I saw it at the bottom of that page, the four links to the maps you're talking about ... So, yes, of course, that is great, I will add very small versions of the maps with embedded links to the Wiki ... thanks for pointing me to this, Korovev ... :P
janaba

Postby Dulcamara » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:02 am

@Annabelle

Oh yes,
I've really misunderstood. :lol:
English is a difficult language.
Despite Google Translator :oops:

Greetings
Dulcamara
Dulcamara

Postby Annabelle » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:42 pm

@ Dulcamara:

And although I'm writing directly in English, I'm not a native English-speaker so I might build my sentences with a French touch ;)...
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:13 pm

oh i think we perfectly understand each other. language is not a barrier when people really want to understand each other 8-)
anyway, thanks annabelle. as always you come to our rescue ;) we will try one more time to solve what could be solved in Oolbahnneea :)
Zesty of Xeniphers

Next

Return to Deep Island