Ghosts in DI

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Ghosts in DI

Postby Dulcamara » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:24 am

Hello all
I always see players in DI are present only as a ghost. :o
Currently Annabelle haunted by the Nexus. Cachina has left its case in Relto.
Actually, it's funny. But it is also very disturbing. :(

I want to write in the Chat in the category neighbors.
So i become the information that these players are not present at this time. Linking :!: :?:
How can we change this?

Greetings
Dulcamara
Dulcamara

Re: Ghosts in DI

Postby Annabelle » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:34 pm

:lol:

Ahhh that's where I am! I was wondering... ;)

Seriously, the last time I went in DI was in late July if I remember and I had a lot of issues staying online to a point where I just said to myself: "What the use!" and I left for an undefinite time. So maybe I logged off but my avatar is still haunting the Nexus. Bring chocolate chips cookies to my ghost, she will be very pleasant to you 8-)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby diafero » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:11 am

Yeah, the Shard has some ghosts visiting it. This is usually caused by players crashing while being in a "weird" state, which means the server doesn't notice they crashed. Then they remain online. The chat system detects that the players are not getting the message, but nothing detects they are offline and marks them accordingly - until I do that manually...
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:30 pm

For the truth, this is not so much strange....in Moula too there is this effect....Sometimes. Is only a temporary bug by the server or the detection sistem of the KI. Thanks Diafero for your assistence for restore the normal working of DI. :D
Jhon J. Jaguar

Return to Deep Island