Great Zero marker error in Deep Island

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Great Zero marker error in Deep Island

Postby koskoff » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:33 pm

In Ae'gura the KI is flashing for a GZ marker in the courtyard on the balcony near the Great Stair overlooking Kadish. However, there is no pulsating marker to click on. I have tried repeatedly to see a pulsating marker and none ever shows up. This was not a location of a GZ marker in MOULa. All the other markers worked fine. The marker is one of the red ones in the second series. A picture of the location is included.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-09-03 at 05.18.32 .png
Screen Shot 2014-09-03 at 05.18.32 .png (843.87 KiB) Viewed 6793 times
koskoff

Re: Great Zero marker error in Deep Island

Postby Ainia » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:37 pm

Shorah koskoff,

It's been quite a while since I've done the markers, but I remember there were a few that were more challenging to find. The KI seems to sense their presence within a certain *3-D radius*, which means that sometimes they can be below or above easy eyesight. Perhaps this is one of those trickier ones.

For instance Show Spoiler

Keep in mind that DI is based on Uru:CC, not MOULa, so there will be some differences here.
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby koskoff » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:16 pm

I've done every view possible (I've spent hours trying to find the marker.) I used 1st and 3rd person, searched nearby locations, etc., etc. I only put the post online after extensive attempts. Please try to see if you can find it and let me know the result. I seriously think there is a problem which I why I posted.
Thanks!

Ainia wrote:Shorah koskoff,

It's been quite a while since I've done the markers, but I remember there were a few that were more challenging to find. The KI seems to sense their presence within a certain *3-D radius*, which means that sometimes they can be below or above easy eyesight. Perhaps this is one of those trickier ones.

For instance Show Spoiler

Keep in mind that DI is based on Uru:CC, not MOULa, so there will be some differences here.
koskoff

Postby Annabelle » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:01 pm

The marker you are looking for is located on the palace balcony, use the bahro stone located in...

Show Spoiler
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby koskoff » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:42 pm

I've been to the Palace Balcony several times on the theory that it might be there. The KI doesn't indicate any marker there. Note that this is the only remaining marker to be found. If you move just a small distance from the center of the balcony shown in the picture but closer to the Palace Balcony the marker indicator in the KI disappears. I appreciate all the suggestions.

[quote="Annabelle"]The marker you are looking for is located on the palace balcony, use the bahro stone located in...
koskoff

Postby Annabelle » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:44 pm

It seems there's a bug with that specific marker, someone else noted the same bug earlier this year (I think it was on DI also...)

If it can be of any help, here's the walkthrough I always used for URU:CC GZ markers (applied to DI as well) Remember that you only need 20 out of 25 GZ markers to complete both the green & the red missions

"Extract of the Walkthrough found on ca.ign.com, written by Coelho Buda" Show Spoiler

The 24th marker in the above list seems to be the buggy one, try another location & you should be able to complete your red mission ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby koskoff » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:51 pm

Thanks Annabelle! I have gotten accustomed to the blinking of the indicator in KI stopping when I completed all the markers for that round. I didn't think I could move on to the Calibration GZ markers until I had captured all of the green and red ones. I appreciate your correcting me on that!
Thanks for the walkthrough as well! Great help.

Annabelle wrote:It seems there's a bug with that specific marker, someone else noted the same bug earlier this year (I think it was on DI also...)

If it can be of any help, here's the walkthrough I always used for URU:CC GZ markers (applied to DI as well) Remember that you only need 20 out of 25 GZ markers to complete both the green & the red missions

"Extract of the Walkthrough found on ca.ign.com, written by Coelho Buda" Show Spoiler
koskoff

Postby dtierce » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:40 pm

I recall having a problem seeing the marker on the palace balcony. Someone told me the bug was triggered by being within the detection radius at the link-in point and you have to go outside that radius and return. The problem is that the balcony limits your movement, so someone advised me to do a "/jump 200". Doing this allowed the marker to become visible when I fell back to the balcony and reentered the detection radius.

David Tierce
MOULa-KI: 15763576
GEHN-KI: 00022090
DI-KI: 00145074
dtierce

Postby koskoff » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:03 am

Thanks David,

I tried your suggestion which I found most intriguing but, sadly, it didn't work. However, I can't be sure it didn't have some effect. I went back to my Relto and linked to the balcony that Annabelle suggested was where the marker was. (This link was already in my Relto book.) It still didn't work. I then, just for grins, followed Annabelle's suggestion of going back to Gahrehesen and getting the link again. Amazingly the marker showed up on the balcony!! :) :)

I'm indebted and grateful for all the support and suggestions I received in the forum. I may create a new avatar and see if I can replicate the problem and its solution.

Eric
dtierce wrote:I recall having a problem seeing the marker on the palace balcony. Someone told me the bug was triggered by being within the detection radius at the link-in point and you have to go outside that radius and return. The problem is that the balcony limits your movement, so someone advised me to do a "/jump 200". Doing this allowed the marker to become visible when I fell back to the balcony and reentered the detection radius.

David Tierce
koskoff

Postby Annabelle » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:24 pm

Wow, that's nice to "hear"! I'm glad I could be of any support :)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Return to Deep Island