NEW COMPUTER - help needed, thanks

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

NEW COMPUTER - help needed, thanks

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:05 am

hello, i am about to change the motherboard and processor on my desktop computer.
now, my question is - will i have to install DI from the scratch, following the same (not always successful) procedure, or is it possible to save the files as they are on a disc / USB stick and just copy them when my new computer is ready ? i am just so afraid that something will go wrong so please someone explain step by step what i have to do.
thanks a lot
Zesty of Xeniphers

Re: NEW COMPUTER - help needed, thanks

Postby dendwaler » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:41 am

Normaly there is no need to reinstall zesty,
Just copy the complete folder in which you have installed uru to another medium.
Inside that folder are several subfolders like "dat" sfx python sav etc. And lots of other files.
Anything with enough free space on it will do, an external hdd,an usbstick, whatever.
If you want you can already test that it will work on your old computer while your original files are still there.

Start uru.exe from inside your new copy. If that works, it will also work on your new pc.
Have fun with your new pc! :D

If you have copied it to an usb stick and start it from there it will take some time to load however , because the reading/writing cycles are not so fast as from an hdd
So in your new pc copy it back to your main drive for faster access. I should not place it back in the "program files" folder or the x86 programs folder but inside a folder you newly made in the root of your c drive.
Then you dont need fUrther administrator rights.
..and if you have several installations you can do the same with the others.
You can also place those in the same folder you made . As long as each installation is in its own subfolder.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:09 am

thank you so much :)
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:53 am

i can confirm that IT WORKED ! yay. thanks
Zesty of Xeniphers

Return to Deep Island