Seret

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Seret

Postby philipgr » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:16 pm

Good evening. My curiosity has got the better of me. I have been wondering if there is a reason why the communial room in Seret is blocked off? It seems rather odd.

Regards
Philip
:?:
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Re: Seret

Postby Annabelle » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:07 am

From the information I gathered through all my years in this community, I can fairly say it's because it's canon to how Seret was built initially back in early 2002.

Throughout History of URU (OOC History), the number of neighbourhoods dropped from 3 D'ni Neighbourhoods (Seret, Bevin, Kirel) to 1 D'ni Neighbourhood (Kirel) and an "explorer" neighbourhood. On MOULa, it was broadly wrongly called "Bevin" and has still a remaining wrong naming issue when you are attached to a numerical "Bevin" which cannot be. When you departs from those numerical "Bevin" to join another neighbourhood, you then becomes member of a "explorer" neighbourhood, an instance that was create for us which wasn't there when the DRC discovered the Cavern (IC History).

Bevin no longer exists. Seret no longer exists either on most servers. Some folks in the community decided to recreate Seret by taking a MOULa's version of a neighbourhood and customize it so it could look just like Seret looked back in the old days. It's available on Alcugs-server shards like Deep Island and offline if you have the Drizzle tool.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby philipgr » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:18 am

Hi Annabelle

I always enjoy your responses because you know so much about the history of Uru and I learn something each time. Is there a way to import Seret into my Uru CC? I tried copying the files from the dat and sfx folders in my DI installation? Seret is listed in
the Nexus display in UCC but it will not run.

Regads
Philip
;) ;)
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Postby Annabelle » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:37 pm

Thank you Philip!

It always a pleasure answering your questions because you are a very polite gentleman who then takes care to thanks the person who respond to your question.

As for having Seret on your URU:CC, here the easy steps to have access to it.

Show Spoiler

Steps to perform:

1) Select the tab "Conversion (Simplicity)"
2) Select the folder where you put your URU:CC install
3) Select the folder where you put your MOULa install
4) Press the "Start" button to start the conversion process (converting some selected MOULa files (including Seret) into your URU:CC)
Wait the finish of the process
5) Press the "SoundDecompress" as a final step, let the whole process run.

After that, enjoy Seret!

Seret will be available in Nexus under City Links (if memory is good...)

Greetings,
Annabelle
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby philipgr » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:49 am

Hi Annabelle

Thank you for your very kind words. They really appreciated.

Sadly I do not hazve Seret in my MOULa folder. The only place I have it is in my DI folder. I tried following your instructions and instead of ointing to my MOULa folder I pointed to my DI folder. Unfortunately it did not work. I received an error saying that it is looking for a tos.txt file so I copied the file from my MOULa folder into my DI folder and tried again. I ran drizzle again unfortunately it still did not work this time I received a whole list of errors.

I tried manually copying the files into the DAT and SDL folders into my UCC folder. I ran the sound decompress file. Seret appears in in my Nexus and when I select it a linking book, with an image of Bevin, pops out, it fails when I click on the link image it crashes UCC. It seems the linking link is not there.

I noticed in that my MOULa nexus list my neighbourhood as 'Bevin' and the DRC neighbourhood as 'Kirel'. I have always wondered why Cyan chose to use 'Kirel' for the DRC neighbourhood instead of leaving 'Kirel' as it was in UCC and creating a completely new neighbourhood with a different colour like green, light blue etc.

Enjoy your weekend

Regards
Philip
;)
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Postby Annabelle » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:23 am

Hi Philip,

There is no "Seret" file inside MOULa folder. That's a fact. Nevertheless, you need to point to your MOULa folder.

The Drizzle tool contains specific codes. In those codes, there are some that take certain files and convert them into new files. In the particular process of "Seret", the code will take the neighbourhood of MOULa inside the MOULa folder and convert it into Seret inside your URU:CC folder. The same happened in your Deep Island installation; thing is you didn't notice it because the conversion is automatically taken in charge by the Deep Island Installer.

You cannot simply move your "Seret" files from Deep Island to URU:CC. URU:CC has to recognize the age itself and it's done during the conversion process explained above.

Take care,
Annabelle
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby philipgr » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:22 pm

Hi Annabelle

Thank you for your response. I thought that I could not just copy it, that something else needed to be done. I will make another copy of my modified UCC and see what happens. Hopefully the gremlins stay away.

Regards
Philip
:D :D :D
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Postby philipgr » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:36 pm

Hi Annabelle

Thank you very much for your help. Everything went well. I see I now have sparklies, donuts and the pod ages. I am now like a littlre boy in a sweet shop. I will be having lots of fun.

Take care
Philip
:D :D :D
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Return to Deep Island