Lonirvan:The Challenge

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Lonirvan:The Challenge

Postby Annabelle » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:47 am

Zesty of Xeniphers wrote:p.s. for ANNABELLE - we tried your updated infreno marker game. still not what kirk and i did. well, it seems there are at least 3 ways to cross inferno :)

Yes I know what you did. I was undecided between 2 paths... So if it's not my way then you followed the other path instead. I think yours is even easier.

I made some changes to my quest. I've included the steps 19B & 20B. I renamed the steps 19 & 20 to 19A & 20A so now you have 2 choices of path from the last ledge before the exit ledge.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:39 pm

well, i think we (annabelle and i) cracked the level 8 code. found 2 more rooms (+ one bug) and more music notes which don't work well yet :lol: ................. to be continued ;)
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:50 pm

Annabelle, to search into the file of the books, is not necessary for to solve the Level 8. All things you need are into the last pannel you have open at the end of Level 7.

You have tell the ages are always reset....this is true....me too i have find Lonirvan and Elsewhere reseting. I dunno the reason, but i'm sorry, above all because i have work for to give the saving point who you have ask, but in this mode they aren't profits.

After you have solved Level 8, the puzzles are all complete. The laboratory is open. Age completed, or hardly.

For to continue the adventure, you need wait my next age. ;)
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby Annabelle » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:45 pm

Jhon J. Jaguar wrote:All things you need are into the last pannel you have open at the end of Level 7.

It must be something to do with the coloured dots because the letters don't make any sense at all.

----

Jhon J. Jaguar wrote:After you have solved Level 8, the puzzles are all complete. The laboratory is open.

We (Zesty and I) didn't open the laboratory, we "bugged" inside it... I found a code to open the 90 degrees angled door near the clue table.

I entered in this room
Show Spoiler

I waited for Zesty to enter the room but she wasn't able at all. She told me the angled door was close for her. She touched buttons on the panel beside the clue table following her own sequence and as soon as she touched the '2' she was "automatically taken in charge" by a weird animation that sent her directly in the laboratory. She told me: "I was sent in the laboratory when I touched the '2'."

After few minutes of reading her minutious description of the room she was in, I asked her to take a picture, she sent it to me & she was indeed in the laboratory. I was puzzled on how she was sent there so I decided to try it myself. I reopened the angled door near the clue table. Instead of entering inside the purple floor room, I went directly to my Relto and came back. I went to the panel near the clue table, the door was now shut back. I didn't touch any button except the '2', that specific button, and... I was "automatically taken in charge" by a weird animation that sent me directly in the laboratory where Zesty was waiting.

So basically we didn't solve anything... We know a weird way to reach the laboratory but that's all...

I have the solution for the first panel but I cannot even explain it to you I just tried something I had worked out one night last week, I have almost 10 pages of notes and I cannot know my chain of thoughts. And basically I found that "code" by mistake entering the wrong sequence.

It would look like:
1st) transform the pyramid area code with colours using addition & substraction of the 18 pairs of letters you have near the angled door,
2nd) forget how you found the numbers you have in hands few days later,
3rd) out of all what you have, you should have 12 working possibilities,
4th) take 1 of the 12 possible answers and press the wrong sequence,
5th) (now for prosperity) try to remember what are those silly numbers in your tailored sequence you've just entered to open the angled door. Secure some of them (100% sure of) & deduce the remaining number from there,
6th) that's it you found out the "code" :lol:

----

Jhon J. Jaguar wrote:Age completed, or hardly.

I would go with "hardly" here...

What about those following pictures?

Inside the laboratory:
Show Spoiler

The secret entrance:
Show Spoiler

The secret room:
Show Spoiler

----

Bonus picture here: :)

The Brakhaal:
Show Spoiler
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:15 pm

actually we did find the code to enter the corner door annabelle. don't be too modest. but, i had to try a different code today because when i tried the one that you gave me yesterday - it didn't work :(. then after trying several times i tried one of mine and it worked (i left the door open and is still open if someone didn't close it). but then, touching number 2 didn't work again :( oh well ............
so we are a half way through. at least i am a half way through :)

now, why the new music notes don't work ? how did you enter that room with the skeleton annabelle ? when we tried yesterday the sequence played on the organ didn't open any doors there, so how ? hm .................... except .............

P.S. a question for JJ - the laboratory notes are a bit blurry so please confirm that
1. the 6th note is A / la (not G / sol)
2. the 8th note is C sharp / do sharp (not D sharp / re sharp)
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby janaba » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:07 am

Great developments here and interesting pictures, Annabelle, esp. 'The Brakhaal', I knew it had a lovely head and face ... :P

This all makes me really wonder though how anyone e.g. not very musically trained and qualified and thus not being capable of 'reading' this elaborate sheet of music (and on that basis finding another special musical code to play on an organ to open a door) could ever proceed in this world ... The same applies to the other more elaborate puzzles, I mean there must be more hints and pointers to the solutions around (like e.g. above the pyramid or so), aren't there, or are there not lol? ... :geek:

For me it feels somehow that in this world (like in RL sometimes lol) one might be tempted to see and make everything more complicated than it actually is, but I couldn't find out by now if that might be actually true here, or if it was really intended to be like that lol ... :P

However, it is nevertheless fun to see you all trying to figure all of this out and it is great when someone has the ideas and knows how to implement, means to create/write codes for all of this into a virtual world and make it all work ... :)
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:08 am

Zesty of Xeniphers wrote:actually we did find the code to enter the corner door annabelle. don't be too modest.

My issue here is not to have found out the code... but the way I found it out. If I can't explain it, it doesn't count. The best I can do for now is to tell people: "Here's the code "X X X X X X X X X" & please don't ask how..." which is not my intent.

Zesty of Xeniphers wrote:how did you enter that room with the skeleton annabelle ? when we tried yesterday the sequence played on the organ didn't open any doors there, so how ? hm .................... except .............

Answer: hm .................... except ............., yeah you got it right :lol: ;) (I'm ashamed at myself right now... LOL)

janaba wrote:Great developments here and interesting pictures, Annabelle, esp. 'The Brakhaal', I knew it had a lovely head and face ... :P

I wasn't sure how that specific picture would turned out. When you are in flymode, the button F10 serves for a specific purpose. I should remap the keys in FRAPS accordingly because each time I'm hitting the silly F10 key, my avatar makes a 90 degree clockwise turn. So I wasn't sure if I had taken the frontal picture of the Brakhaal or the endless sand...

It is lovely when you are in flymode other than that not really.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:47 am

For Zesty: The notes are in order: La - Do - SI - Re# - Mi - La - Sol - Do# - La.

But they not work in this age...

For to help you all.....

Is strange nobody have think to the Playfair Code. I have spoke about Nicolas Cage movie.....And Annabelle have spoke about an important movie: "National Tresaure"
Said this i have think she have understand all, but in this case she have favourite to search into some things created only for beauty....LOL
The reason for you are enter in the laboratory is a mistery for me.....Now i go to check if the 2 pannels work correctly. But is possible is another problem of the Shard. In all my test into the age, nothing of these things are success.

The image you have posted about that corner with a hole in the wall, i'm sorry but i not have see it. In all cases the entrance of secret room is not in that corner.....You have reveal a useless thing for that. The secret door is only a gate.....If you see, is possible open that only from into the red hall. If you use the fly mode, is possible can see strange things into an age.....From a normal point of view is easy that is invisible....or not, i no remember.

The list of levels is only for to give they a name....for to know were you are.

The secret room is describe in the Diary, and the reason for it exist.

And last, now you can see the beast and can know his name. I have concealed it in a sand storm for is not a perfect job for a creature, is evident for her easy structure and textures, but is my first experiment with a creature....Take patience please :P
But the important is she work like the difficolty for the Level 0 and have an important role in the story of the age.

Now solve the last puzzle in correct mode, and see the result of the last concealed door. I hope you have fun with my age of challenge, were i have think only to create many different puzzles for give you a new adventure who come from my first movie of underground exploration: The Goonies ! :D
And for give you a sensation like the solutions does by Benjamin Franklin Gates or Indiana Jones. I hope to have fun all you.
My next job have another configuration, but for now i take a period of Holiday :D :D :D

Take care my friend...See you in Elsewhere, or in cavern....And thanks again for the Translators who have help me for the books translations (you can read their name in the first Post fo this Topic).

Shorah B' sheemtee ;)
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:43 pm

Mah....i have check the pannels, and all work....is very strange for me. I believe you, but if in the moment i test, all work correctly,i dunno what i can to do.

For the hole into the wall, Annabelle have reason. I not have see that until now. Sorry. I have correct it into my project, but i dont think if i need give it to Diafero......is possible a reset of the age.....Said me you guys...

Kind regards :D
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby TrapperDave » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:59 pm

My journey in Lonirvan:)
First I've been asked two questions more than once.
Avoiding the beast, I seldom had trouble if you run the lights as soon as you
enter the Age. Don't stand around chatting a buddy. Run as soom as you arive.
I think it is a time thing, and if you goof off the beast is coming at you.
Second, I won't say what for but rather ask you a question :) Have you ever
closed a door and run through it before it shuts behind you?
--
@ Jhon J. Jaguar :Overall I liked this Age. The textures are great! I think the storyline
could be a little more clear. I am still puzzled on a lot of things. I think the
Name Levels should be at the beginning of the game, perhaps by the bridge door.
But overall I enjoyed the challenge. You did a fantastic job!
--
Here are some of my pics from the journey: Not intended to be spoilers :)
Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler