Lonirvan:The Challenge

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Lonirvan:The Challenge

Postby Annabelle » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:29 pm

Shorah guys!

This morning I helped some of you (...Zesty & Kirk) with a weird solution for the Pyramid marbles grid puzzle. Do not ask me the explanation because it was not the right one although I found out the solution (I'm lucky :lol: ).

Explanations:
Since the beginning, I had worked on a sudoku solution for the marbles and I got 2 different good patterns. But none of them match the solution for the area so I thought I was wrong and went with my instincts instead. I decided to rework on the puzzle solution because of my unsatisfactory explanation to Zesty full of flaws... Since I had the solution in one hand, & the completed grid in the other hand (2 versions actually), I reworked the grid to fit the solution.

So here's what the marbles sudoku grid should look like. (It's officially the 3rd working version. I better share it with you because if I can find at least 3 working patterns, how many more there are? and since it's correlated with the opening of the grille door, you might just be like me few days ago and wonder why you spend 3 hours solving this crazy marble sudoku grid for... LOL)

BIG SPOILER (Do not look if you want to solve the marbles sudoku):

Show Spoiler

That's the solution, I'm 100% sure! Good luck with the rest!
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby janaba » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:27 am

Wow! Awesome, Annabelle, thank you, and your video is wonderful, too!!! ... :P

From what I've read here, I know this is not for me lol, I'm not that puzzle kind of person... If I would like to play puzzle games I'd find thousands beautiful ones out there ... When I'm 'playing' computer/video games at all, I like to explore and enjoy beautiful and rich worlds, with some interactions and thinking involved, yes lol, but that's it ... It must be elevating, also relaxing and really enjoyable, it must make my heart sing and not my head spin haha ... 8-)

Your video, Annabelle, inspired me to at least maybe have a look into Lonirvan and see how far I'll get lol, saying hello to the beast and if I'm lucky I'm not constantly thrown out to my Relto, which would be unacceptable for me, and Zesty had a good point with the saving points, which is absolutely necessary to not having to start over and over again, esp. in an age where there are so many puzzles to solve and challenges to overcome along the road ...

Everything I've said above, JJ, only applies to my personality ... This age is absolutely perfect for all Myst/Riven/Uru fans ... From what I've seen in Annabelle's video I can say, much expertise and ingenuity went into this world, many fantastic ideas, great fitting sounds etc, and to integrate all those beautiful puzzles and other challenges into the environment and make it all work is really amazing ... Great job, JJ, and much fun to everyone ... :)
janaba

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:55 am

well, maybe i am weird too because, as you now my solution was similar to yours, only, i went from the lowest numbers ( do not ask :lol: ). yes, well, if one has hours and hours at hand to play and find solutions, eventually one will find one ............... or more ............... well, at least it worked for us :)
thanks anabelle :)

btw i made it to the organ room and puzzle but to my disappointment i was not able to press every key on the keyboard. i tried all possible angles but some keys remained un-pressable. is that a glitch or ............ ? i had to leave and now hate the thought of going from square one and the whole age for another try on this puzzle :evil: ................. all considering - those saving points that i mentioned earlier would really help ........... ;)
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby cskid13 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:32 am

This age is really stunning. Nice job!
cskid13

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:10 pm

Thanks all. Too for your indications, very valuables for me, for a best job another time. And Thanks Annabelle for the video, Very nice :D
I have see an error in the solution you have post on the Spoiler, but is not a your mistake.....is mine.
I ask excuse for that, but in all time i have work in Lonirvan is possible i have for case deleted a stone into the Level 3 Puzzle. Only a thing....Those aren't marbles...remember what there is write into the books....they are Crystals. Is important because all have a sense in all books of Lonirvan.
I have wait for to correct that error because i am at work for to test to create some save point. But for the truth this is the first time i test a thing like this....is possible i cannot does it for Lonirvan. I hope it work, but not sure.
In all cases i not have insert (and not will insert) some cloth of link because they are a thing of Yeesha. The protagonistes of my expansion not have nothing to do with she. Their journey have another destination....For this i not have think to create some save point into the ages....But you have reason...for Lonirvan is a good thing have they. Take patience...now i test.....BUt i have insert only two points, with a easy sistem, but always with a logic condition.....They not work until you not have enabled they :P
For the Piano puzzle, the keys are unpressables because they are pressed by another player and are buttons for to solve the puzzle......For to reset they, you most press all buttons....is an problem of the online game. Sorry.
Another thing....Annabelle....I have see in your video, your Avatar not have shadow....That is a bug of online sistem, because the shadow of the avatars is an important effect of Lonirvan. In offline mode is possible you see that. And the S bridge.....i'm sorry, is another effect of the online version. I dunno because, but i have test many times the age for that, with male and female avatars.....all work...the reason for someone it is slippery is unknow to me. For me, in offline version, you not found all these problems.
For now have fun. And congratulation to all for to have solved 8 of the 9 levels. Again one i think. BUt i have keep another surprise for you...hehe.
Ah ...a little curiosity....What do you think about the eyes of the keeper who follow you in your movements? O.O
Take care my friends....see you later ;)
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby Annabelle » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:35 pm

Thanks Janaba & Jhon for your comments on my video. I'm working on providing a walkthrough but I'm still puzzled with the last puzzle.

Is there a game like that involving a 5x5 grid with letters?

I never saw anything like that... Because on one hand I have "MEROD" and "AX___" & 3 times "______" and on the other hand I have a handful of weird letters that doesn't make any sense at all... "UG OR MU YR PH UX BK UR PK HX JH GU CD VE ND UR QE UX". You'd be lucky to even make a word out of them with a bunch of X, H, & U!!!

----

Jhon J. Jaguar wrote:Another thing....Annabelle....I have see in your video, your Avatar not have shadow....That is a bug of online sistem, because the shadow of the avatars is an important effect of Lonirvan

It's not a bug at all... I always play without shadows. I'm easily frightened by things so the shadows are too much.

Jhon J. Jaguar wrote:Ah ...a little curiosity....What do you think about the eyes of the keeper who follow you in your movements? O.O

I didn't notice him following my every movements. I was more focusing on making the right move & also trying from time to time a little cheat here & there to move a little bit faster but I always ended up redoing the whole thing. So trust me when I say to avoid sneaky jumps, prefer walking from one tile to the other. But my "marker trail" ends at 2 row of tiles from the end though... :lol: Because anyway... at that point even if I'm cheating I'm jumping beyond the board :D
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:12 am

heya JJ. if i understood you well (i tried), you said that there is a reason why there are no saving points ? and what that reason might be ? if one has solved all the puzlles to a certain point and then fell or has to leave the game why would one need to go through the whole age all over again to come back to that point to continue the game ?

for example, kirk and i made it to the music room puzzle and did not see any saving points. it is really a lot to go through to reach that point if one has to leave the game and continue later.

btw, i mentioned clothes as an example of saving points. did not say you should do it. you could do something else. you said you are open to suggestions ........... it really gets ridiculous and overly frustrating to do the whole age over and over and over again to continue where one HAD to stop because one had some other things to do in RL.
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Korovev » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:59 am

Come to think of it: is it possible to redirect panic-linking to a location x, where x is determined by a button? In that case, the reset buttons could be reprogrammed as ‘saving pods’ that move the panic-link destination forward, level-by-level, avoiding Yeesha-style cloths, which lore-wise shouldn’t be used.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:39 am

Dear Zesty.
The reason for i not have create some save point is only because i not have think to do it. You have reason....Lonirvan need some save point.
I am at work for to create those, but is the first time i test to do this. Take patience: i'm not sure to can solve this problem.
For the last Puzzle Annabelle, there is a special mode for to solve it. and is possible this is the first time you have view that kind of puzzle in a age of URU.
Loirvan is thinked for a great number of puzzles. For this i have create all things underground. Is the only age with this configuration. Next time i have in mind another kind of landscape and another new kind of exploration. But naturally i need work more about my competence....LOL
I have correct the little problem for the puzzle in Level 3 (i have added the last crystal). Is funny, i have check that puzzles 10 times for do not create problems to the explorers, and at the end for case i have deleted an important crystal. Sorry again for that. But the important is the central square of the puzzle.
Last edited by Jhon J. Jaguar on Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:02 am

that would work quite nicely in cases of panic-linking kororev. but what if we haven't fallen, haven't done anything wrong and just want to CONTINUE the game ? just thinking of going through some of those places for the umpteenth time gives me shivers ........... i do not want to do it again. simply refuse and that's it :lol:

seriously though, we do need saving points in a game with this level of difficulty. difficult is ok, but when we do it, solve it then let us pass for good please and do not force us to start from the very beginning every time .... unless one has really a lot of time at hand and nerves made of steel one will stop enjoying it and start thinking of giving it up ...

so yes, yes and YES for JJ. working on saving points - that's great news !!! and both panic-link saving points and level saving points. pretty please. THANKS
Zesty of Xeniphers

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island