Lonirvan:The Challenge

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Lonirvan:The Challenge

Postby Annabelle » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:35 am

I think that Jhon understands the frustration here and we must think that although there's a flaw in the age's design, it's not programmed by a team of professionals that can address the issue in a nick of time. Jhon must do it as hobby and have plenty of other things to do. Maybe the best would be to suggest him to see with Dulcamara which has been successful implementing saving points in her ages or Denost. There might also be language barriers between all of the writers mentioned.

And remember that the final product is always very nice made of visuals, sounds, & all other attractive stuffs for the eyes but the code part is somewhat rather dull. And yet it had to work. I'm not a programmer but I'm able to understand that adding saving points might not be the easiest task there is. And again Jhon is working alone not development team supporting him. Korov'ev said that he took 13 months to achieve this age. So...

Those saving points might be there in July or August or even in September only...

You can do like a lot of folks and wait for the offline version. I'm at this point now. Jhon said I need to be in a "special mode", & he insisted on the fact that I was "bugged" not having the shadows ON... I'm guessing there's something correlated here. I'll wait for the offline version though to move around a little easier. The frustration to redo for Nth time is understandable, I do feel that too but the ability to play fan ages online is an opportunity not the default choice.

Playing online adds layers of issues:
You cannot insure the age you left in a state will be in that same exact state the following visit,
More players are inside an age, the more the age becomes laggier,
Most of the puzzle ages (like Lonirvan) are locked to avoid cheating,
Players can do action within the age your playing too that will close your way,
Players in the same age will start sounds in sound regions that have nothing to do with your own section,
Some sections of the age have bugs (like the 'S' Bridge in Lonirvan), Jhon never intended to make us fall.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Korovev » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:45 am

Mine is just an aside speculation, and I have no experience with age building so I don’t know if this is even possible, but imagine the scenario:

• Player A just finished level 3, and presses pod button 3. From then on, anytime she panic-links while in Lonirvan (or any other Age with bottomless pits), she’s brought back to the 3rd pod.
  • Player B just finished level 1, and presses pod button 1. From then on, anytime he panic-links while in Lonirvan, he’s brought back to the 1st pod. Player A still panic-links to the 3rd pod.
  • To reach your last position, shake hands with the beast :P

Kinda like the ‘W’ command in Treasure Ages, except automatically triggered by panic-linking.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Korovev » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:09 am

Annabelle wrote:Players can do action within the age your playing too that will close your way,
Players in the same age will start sounds in sound regions that have nothing to do with your own section,

This shall be called the Writer’s Dilemma:
It’s hard to test multi-player puzzles, but single-player puzzles can be ruined in a multi-player environment.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:12 pm

I have a good news. I have work 3 days about this problem, but is possible i have solved. Not sure again, but i have test with success two save point, one at the end of level 4 and one at the end to level 7. Un this mode i hope to have answer to your request. I need again to calibrate the second save point, but the first work. They are two teleporter who can work only after you have enabled the platform of destination walk upon it.
I hope this is sufficient for you, because the program is not easy...it need take care of many things about positions, exclusions, detectors and responders calibrated in a particular mode. But i hope to give you the new version of Lonirvan with save points this week or next week.
For to is the first time i have programed a thing like this, nothing of bad. Right? :D
Sorry but with the new version, you need solve again all age, but this time i'm sure you are more happy. ;)
Thanks all for your opinions, who have help me to better my job. Remember, is not ready again, but if one teleporter work, i don't see the reason for the second cannot work too. ;)
The teleporter not have the special effects in this case, but for are a job of last minute, i hope you can forgive me.
See you later guys. Take care :D
Last edited by Jhon J. Jaguar on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:29 pm

Annabelle wrote:
Playing online adds layers of issues:
You cannot insure the age you left in a state will be in that same exact state the following visit,
More players are inside an age, the more the age becomes laggier,
Most of the puzzle ages (like Lonirvan) are locked to avoid cheating,
Players can do action within the age your playing too that will close your way,
Some sections of the age have bugs (like the 'S' Bridge in Lonirvan), Jhon never intended to make us fall.

Well..this is true. I have insert in Lonirvan a link rule for to use that age in private mode, but Diafero have said me not work correctly in Deep Island. For this i have deleted that.
I have locked the chat not for to ruin the funny, but only because online is easy jumb in a area were there is some detector who can crash the exploration of all players. This thing, for exemple, is normal in MOULa were there are the BOT. And Lonirvan, you can believe me, there is a great number of Detectors for to can work. Is not like Shorah Pahts, were many things work in automatic mode. This is the reason for i have ask to Diafero to lock the chats.
Moreover, in offline test is true all can work, and too in online mode....but without a multiplayer platform for to test it, nobody can know the result in a game online. This is the reason for i am come the first day in DI.....because my fear is the fog who change into the age, can to ruin the exploration of all are underground. But, for my lucky, the fog sistem is perfect....All players can see the fog parameters about his condition of exploration. This is a good news for all my next jobs. After i have solved the save point problem, i take a period of holiday. Before to start the third age, i need to design it and take some immage for my job.....
But this is another history. For now is better i complete Lonirvan....After that shall we see.
Bye for now. ;)

PS. For level 8 i will give you a little indication.....Someone have see some movie of Nicolas Cage? ..... 8-)
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby Annabelle » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:48 pm

Jhon J. Jaguar wrote:PS. For level 8 i will give you a little indication.....Someone have see some movie of Nicolas Cage? ..... 8-)

I hope you are talking about National Treasure Series rather than Ghost Rider Series or other more obscure movies with him. :lol:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:43 am

Annabelle wrote:
Jhon J. Jaguar wrote:PS. For level 8 i will give you a little indication.....Someone have see some movie of Nicolas Cage? ..... 8-)

I hope you are talking about National Treasure Series rather than Ghost Rider Series or other more obscure movies with him. :lol:

And For You i am one to see that kind of movies??? :roll: HEHE :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm sorry for Nicolas Cage, who have ruin his reputation with those movies.... :twisted:

OK. I have give to Diafero the new version: Lonirvan Opportunity, with two saving points , in answer to all you fans. In my offline version all work correctly. I hope not create problems in Deep Island. The first save point is over Level 4, the second at the end of Level 7.
The two strater teleporter are enabled, but cannot work if the platform of destination is not enabled. The colors can indicate you what teleporter you can use for to go on your favourite destination.
For now shorah and have fun. I hope this can answer to your request. :lol:
Take care 8-)
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:22 am

great news JJ. THANKS a lot for that :) /cheer
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:47 am

hello JJ. Kirk and I made it to the chessboard room but we occasionally keep falling through when the board sinks down to the lower level and get trapped there. (sometimes all the way through to the bottom and sometimes with half of our bodies stuck into the board). there is no way out of there so we are forced to relto-out :( it looks like a glitch to me. did anyone experience this ?
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:56 am

Zesty of Xeniphers wrote:hello JJ. Kirk and I made it to the chessboard room but we occasionally keep falling through when the board sinks down to the lower level and get trapped there. (sometimes all the way through to the bottom and sometimes with half of our bodies stuck into the board). there is no way out of there so we are forced to relto-out :( it looks like a glitch to me. did anyone experience this ?

If you spoke about Level 6, there is a ramp for to can exit and restore the platform with a button. And there are the indications for to solve that puzzle....
Is better you check around in the room....Follow the indications and pay attention to the solution indicate. Remember....The Keeper check yourself...follow his path.
Jhon J. Jaguar

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island