Lonirvan:The Challenge

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Lonirvan:The Challenge

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:34 am

i know that there is a ramp but we keep falling under the platform, below the ramp level. so we are unable to exit. we get stuck there. that happens when the platform drops. naturally we are standing on it and instead of remaining ON it we sink BELOW. we don't even get the chance to reset the platform. i think that is a glitch.
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:07 am

oh i found out what causes the problem. it happens only if more than one player try to cross the board at the same time. today, kirk and i tried to do it one by one and it worked :) so problem solved ! :)

btw we tested both teleports and they look nice and work fine. tvm JJ
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby janaba » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi, everyone, I've been exploring Lonirvan for a while, actually as far as Annabelle's video goes lol, that's why I won't post any pictures right now, because her video shows everything already nicely without any solutions ... :P

Ok, I've been thrown out by the beast one time and I've seen it only faintly, but it looks quite nice, I believe actually that it has a lovely head from what I can see on the picture I could take when being linked out lol ... After that I 'knew the way' and haven't seen it since ... It is nice to have five languages to choose from and the story is beautiful, and I almost, no I really felt compassion for that beast ...

I didn't solve the D'ni code puzzle and so just 'went' straight over the abyss ... The first bridge is a bit slippery as you experience it on surfaces in many fan ages, but when you walk slowly and keep yourself more on the left to not slip to the right and away then it works well ... The next puzzle was nice and easy, turning red lights into green and thus enabling you to move on ... Then we arrive at the pyramid, which is very beautiful and on the way to that place you see all those lovely mushrooms everywhere, very nice ... I'm glad that Annabelle provided the solution for the pyramid puzzle as I refrained from solving this very elaborate one too, and so I could easily and joyfully move on to the lava challenge all the way down a v e r y looong ladder lol, no, I didn't jump, I wanted to see if everything would work and be stable, and it is ... Yeah, sorry, but I didn't take that challenge, even with that wonderful saving point now, so I just 'moved' right over it to the next station ... :geek:

As Annabelle said, and I agree, this is a very beautiful location, you know, the one with those magical bubbles, like the fumarole vents in Kemo, but those reminded me more of the memory/dream bubbles in Myst - Revelation, very beautiful, indeed ... This time I just 'walked' through that magical door or gateway as I didn't even know where to start to solve the musical puzzle, though I'd love to play that organ and open the next pathway myself, but ... /shrug ...

Now on to the chess board puzzle, which was again an easy one, with much running back and forth, but a beautiful environment and fun ... I've had no problems (glitches) with this one btw, it took me 29 steps to the other end ... I have a picture with the solution in case anyone would want it lol ... 8-)

So, where are we now, ahh, the very looong bridge, which is completely safe to cross slowly, like the way to the Bahro cave door in Kadish, and we arrive at the next saving point and an interesting place where there is another D'ni code to enter, which activates a new letter code on a second panel ... At this point Annabelle's video tour ended and mine as well lol ... :D

JJ, I again have to say that you've accomplished something very special, really ... It is quite a challenge for most age creators to implement interaction and working puzzles into their environment, and you have done that brilliantly ... For me, as far as I've taken the challenges, everything worked flawlessly by now ... Of course, in the offline version there are no other intervening explorers and there is no extra lag because of that ... The new addition of the saving point teleporters is just awesome, though in the offline version you keep your progress anyway, but it is nice to have the option of directly being teleported closer to the desired area ... You've called this sequel 'The Secret of the Rainbow' ... it showed already in a way, and will become more clear I suppose ... So, for now again, congratulations for another awesome job, JJ ... :)

Edit: I thought it'd be ok to post the chess board solution as Annabelle has posted the crystal solution already ... So, voilà, here you are ... ;)

Show Spoiler
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:30 am

Thanks Janaba for your nice text!

--------

You seem to avoid doing the harder puzzles as I can read it. The musical puzzle is not as hard as it seems. Here are some materials to help people solving the musical puzzle:

DO NOT LOOK if you want to solve the musical puzzle yourself:
Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

--------

Janaba wrote:I thought it'd be ok to post the chess board solution as Annabelle has posted the crystal solution already ... So, voilà, here you are ... ;)

Oh my dear Janaba... you published a solution to the Chess Board that is incomplete.

It might be my fault because in my video I'm saying that you must move like a pawn. So your 29 steps solutions could be good for a pawn but not so much for the kind of 'character' you must adopt... The right solution has 40 steps instead. I will let you try to figure it out. I have to work myself on the solution, I will publish it later on.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby janaba » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:27 am

Hi, Annabelle and all, I just tried your musical solution in the 2nd picture, but it didn't work ... I can't read and understand musical stuff ... Yes, I can read and sing notes, everyone knows the musical scale lol, but that's it ... I can play the piano or the pump organ, which I've sometimes played in India in the temple lol, I can play instruments by just listening and feeling into the music, the sounds and octaves, somehow like that lol, but the technical/mechanical stuff, no, I don't understand that ... :P

As for the chess board, I didn't follow a plan or concept, I just thought I had to get to the other side and thus walked on the squares I could walk on and marked them, all the other squares around the marked ones (I marked them too with a dot on another copy of the board) I couldn't walk on without going down with the whole board lol, that's how I moved forward ... I wonder how it could be possible to move forward differently 'without going down' ... :)
janaba

Postby TrapperDave » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:07 am

@ janaba Great .. you made it a long ways ! :)
Added fun in Lonirvan .. go ice skating on the big table where the music and puzzle clues are.
Jump on top of the table and be prepared with your toggle keys, it is very slippery like ice :o
just use your up arrow and down arrow to skate back & forth. But don't drop in the back corner or
you will be trapped ! :lol:
Show Spoiler
TrapperDave Ki #00151142
Lost somewhere in Elsewhere for a long time
TrapperDave

Postby Annabelle » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:17 am

The Chess Board:
Here's the solution:
Show Spoiler

The Inferno:
Apart from that I've reworked the "Crossing the Inferno" marker game. I made it simpler. It might not be the same solution as Zesty since from the 3rd ledge, I wasn't sure if she jumped on the little or the tall rock then on my "22nd step". I substracted one step. Now the infamous 22nd step is numbered 21st and so on up to 28.

Bridge over the mist:
The bridge floating over the mist at the end of the tunnel complex is very stable as Janaba mentioned. You can easily run all the way including the 'S' loop without fearing to fall off. In my video, I was fearing a fall which is why it took 2 minutes to cross that bridge.

Musical Puzzle:
Janaba: The solution is this one...
Show Spoiler

DO NOT LOOK unless you want to solution:
Show Spoiler

Crystal Sudoku (Pyramid):
I'm working on solution right now. Since Jhon J. modified the board adding a crystal, I have to redo it from scratch. My "right" solution from the past is not right anymore...
Last edited by Annabelle on Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby janaba » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:31 am

Hihi, yeah, I was thinking of the knight's move of course, but it didn't work for me, that's why I just moved forward the way I did, step by step, while checking every possible step around me ... :P

So, your path is pretty much the same as mine, but mine is 11 steps shorter or faster ... However, thanks for your constant assistance and support, Annabelle ... :)
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:45 am

You are too fast Janaba...

Look at my new edited message containing more useful info especially for you ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby janaba » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:50 am

I just saw this, I'm glad, as I just had to edit my 'knight's move', which I had to look up in English lol ... :P

Just looked through the musical puzzle hints and took a screenshot to test it afterwards, thanks, Annabelle ... As for the crystal puzzle, it worked for me flawlessly as it is, so, it seems nothing has changed as for the opening of the gate ... :)
Last edited by janaba on Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
janaba

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island