Lonirvan:The Challenge

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Lonirvan:The Challenge

Postby Annabelle » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:56 am

Oh yeah!!!

A Knight... See I'm not a Chess player at all. I'm very bad playing it in French, so imagine in English... I'm even badder! :lol:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby janaba » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:03 am

Haha, now I have added sth to my latest post lol, so I copy it in here for you lol ... :lol:

I just looked through the musical puzzle hints and took a screenshot to test it afterwards, thanks, Annabelle ... As for the crystal puzzle, it worked for me flawlessly as it is, so, it seems nothing has changed as for the opening of the gate ... :)
janaba

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:35 am

kirk and i made it to the end and enabled the second (and last) teleport.
as anabelle has mentioned our jumps over inferno are slightly different than hers. i can show you how we did it in the game.
our pyramid puzzle solution is still working and the music and chessboard puzzles were piece of cake comparing. (but i did have a solid music education)
now we are still puzzled by the last puzzle. did anyone crack it ? and most importantly, which clue relates to it ?
Last edited by Zesty of Xeniphers on Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Annabelle » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:57 am

Here's the new & correct solution to the pyramid crystal sudoku.

This time around there's only 1 possible answer... The centre grid is unchanged thus the door code remains the same. The entire grid is slightly modified though.

Show Spoiler

I might have been elusive up to this point on how to solve "entirely" the crystal sudoku puzzle, here's how:

1st) you solve the crystal sudoku as above
2nd) you check this on the side wall of the pyramide cave
Show Spoiler

3rd) you integrate what you see into the grid
Show Spoiler

4th) You follow the "path", that's your code :D

@Zesty: Yes maybe later on today or tomorrow. I have things to do in RL for now that will keep me offline.

Zesty of Xeniphers wrote:now we are still puzzled by the last puzzle. did anyone crack it ? and most importantly, which clue relates to it to it ?

I'm still completely puzzled myself. It's related with the panel near the clue table (refer to TrapperDave's post of yesterday). You will see pairs of letters. There's something to do with that. It's the 8th level. Jhon J. told me that it's related with a Nicolas Cage movie. Nicolas Cage has been an actor in at least 80 movies according to IMDb.com... And most of them are more action, crime, men interests movies. I watched some of them but I don't like the actor much, he misses some charm :lol:

There are 2 more levels:
I know that because I cheated a little in offline mode to explore more... ;)

We have solved 7 out of 9 levels already!!! :)
The 8th level is called "Secret Words". It gives access to a secret room underneath the clue table.
The 9th level is somewhat very mysterious, it's located behind the Knight painting near the Chessboard.

For now I have no idea how to reach those levels...
Last edited by Annabelle on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby janaba » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:05 am

Me again, so, I just succeeded to open the portal in that beautiful magical bubble cave ... /cheer ... First it didn't work as I've entered wrong sequences before, so, I had to reset this one next to the chess board and then your solution worked, Annabelle, thanks again ... :P

I've walked again both solutions on the chess board, mine and yours, Annabelle, and both worked of course, but I just had to try it out again ... Maybe one could say, my solution is the 'knight's shortcut' lol ... :lol:

So, we're all having fun in Lonirvan, are you happy now, JJ? ... I suppose yes, you are, now you can sit back and relax for a while ... very nice ... :)

------------------------------

Ohh, and to your latest comment, Annabelle, of course, that's the only way to enter the crystal sequence on the wall to open the gate, as 'that is the way' and hint given in the game to do it, after one managed to fill up that grid lol ... 8-)
janaba

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:21 am

yes anabelle, we know it's partially related to the panel near the clue table. but how that relates to the 5X5 grid most importantly even if we solve the grid how and where do we punch in the letters ? the grid doesn't seem clickable and the moment we touch the sundial the grid closes. it doesn't make sense to us. not yet, that is.
and we will be in the game tomorrow for the inferno jumps ... ;)
Last edited by Zesty of Xeniphers on Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:20 pm

Hello all....i am happy to see all you have fun with Lonirvan. This is my more great success. Thanks all. A pleasure have give you a new world to play.
I know you can use the fly mode for to explore all age offline. But there are some things about the puzzles who i have does for to link the solutions to the diary into the laboratory, and too into a new enciclopedy who i have wrote. Then, for to can understand the complete spirit who i have concealed in Lonirvan, all puzzles most are solved in correct mode, or you lost an important sequence of events.
Said this, i'm happy if you are happy. And is a pleasure can see all fans work for to solve it. This is a demostration of the friendship there is from us, in true MYST spirit.
CONGRATULATIONS ALL!!!

For now you have solved the levels from 0 to 7. Level 8 is the last Challenge. Into the laboratory you can to know all secret of my job and and a new sourprise who i have keep ready for you. For you are near to the last solution, i hope my diary and the enciclopedy can like all.
Continue your job, my dears. I have project Lonirvan for your genial minds, but in short time you have solved many of the age......Level 8 is a new Puzzle in URU, but not with great difficolty, after you have understand the secret for to translate the code......Think to it and remember my indication.....

Good job and Have Fun.

Kind Regards by Jhon J. Jaguar 8-)
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:41 am

level 8 again, than 5X5 grid puzzle ..... well one thing is not clear to us. even if we solved the crossword grid puzzle where do we punch in the letters ? it seems there is nothing clickable there. so how .............. ? :shock: we tried going back but there was nothing new there either ............ hm ... :?

p.s. for ANNABELLE - we tried your updated infreno marker game. still not how kirk and have done it. well, it seems there are at least 3 ways to cross that inferno :)
Last edited by Zesty of Xeniphers on Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Annabelle » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:24 am

Jhon J. Jaguar wrote:But there are some things about the puzzles who i have does for to link the solutions to the diary into the laboratory, and too into a new enciclopedy who i have wrote. Then, for to can understand the complete spirit who i have concealed in Lonirvan, all puzzles most are solved in correct mode, or you lost an important sequence of events.

One thing you must understand Jhon, as soon as we download a given age, we have easily access to all the documentation of that given age...and that from Day 1.

Show Spoiler

I read through all the documentation already and I have no idea on how to even put 1 single letter in that grid...

Zesty of Xeniphers wrote: it seems there is nothing clickable there. so how .............. ?

We must push the 9 buttons on the panel beside the 90 degrees angled door.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:27 am

really ? oh dear ................. color me confused :? :lol:
Zesty of Xeniphers

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island