My Relto will not load

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: My Relto will not load

Postby philipgr » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:53 pm

Hi Dendwater

Thank you for your response. Starting from scratch will not be an issue since I know where all the journey cloths are and how to open the locked doors. After waiting a few hours I tried again and after a very long time Elodea finaly downloaded and opened. So I am half way there. I still have an issue with Elodeas Tunnelgang. It downloads after a while but when it opens I get a black screen with a very faint graphic on the left side. My avvie disappears in the centre of the screen like it is fallind down a well. It happens to me everytime I try and load Elodeas Tunnelgang.

Me disappearing into the screen.jpg
Me disappearing into the screen.jpg (27.46 KiB) Viewed 5599 times
Hi dendwater

Regards
Philip
:? :?
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Postby Annabelle » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:07 pm

Hi Philip,

your linking issue in Elodea's Tunnelgang confirms that you have "speed problem" with your connection.

Have you ever notice that when you link to Minkata your two feet are standing below the ground level? Cyan solved the issue of "slow linking" by created a "temporary ground" a few pixels deeper than the rest of the age right at the linking point. So when you link to Minkata, the little platform is already there because in Minkata age's code, it's loaded right at the beginning giving enough time for the rest of the age to load completely.

The ages written by Denost and ages written by Dulcamara are quite enormous. If your connection is not fast enough, your avatar will link to the age before the entire age is completely loaded. You are drowning because the corridor where we link at first is not loaded for you at the moment your avatar reach it. Without a floor, gravity does it job! ;)

It's something that should be address maybe to Dulcamara. Maybe some members of this forum with far greater knowledge in coding could help her solve the issue. All she should do is to add a little platform right underneath the linking point that would load at the very first stage before everything else in her age. The platform can be as wide as one standing avatar and can be invisible to the eyes. We don't need to see it, we just need to keep "slow connections" avatars in the age...

----

And I would suggest you to put your widescreen images inside "spoiler" tags because not everyone use 1080p screens 8-)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Dulcamara » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:42 am

If i understand it right :idea: , i can fix the problem with collider under the spwanpoint :!: :?:
If so, i will do :)
I hope i can help you so.
Dulcamara

Postby Annabelle » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:24 am

Yes Dulcamara,

a small collider right on the spawnpoint (linking spot). In the loading sequence, it has to be there before the corridor.

Loading sequence:
1) small collider underneath linking spot
2) rest of the age's visuals & colliders
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby dendwaler » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:30 am

And how do you control the loading sequence?
After an export i have no idea how to tell plasma which objects ( also coliders are objects) it has to load first. :o
There exist no settings for that in the export function.
I only know how to influence the rendering order , usefull for transparencies.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby philipgr » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:55 am

Hi Annabelle

How do I put a picture inside the spoiler tags? Do I just cut and paste the link? I tried it previously in another of my posts but for some reason I could not get it to work.

Regards
Philip
:) :)
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Postby dendwaler » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:03 am

Its a matter of nesting the commands:
Code: Select all
[spoiler=][img]imgsourceadres[/img][/spoiler]
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby philipgr » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:16 am

Hi Annabelle

I forgot to ask why do Elodeas Unterwelt and Elodeas Schatzkammern load without any issues? They are also both rather large ages. They do not take very long to load. I have also been playing the Somewhere age which also loads fairly okay after a little while. I am just wondering. I will keep trying. I also pinged the server and received an immediate response.

Thank you for your help.

Regards
Philip
:) :)
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Postby Sirius » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:06 am

Ah, interesting topic !
The reason the first two parts load fine, is because it seems the spawn points are almost a foot above the ground in both case, and because by luck the ground is loaded early. This means the avatar can fall a few inches during loading if it must (although I don't understand why), and hit the ground. Tunnelgang's spawn point is just an inch over the ground, and this ground is loaded too late to catch the avatar while he's falling, I guess.

Actually, you can't control the order in which objects are loaded - it's more or less random. The only way to have an object loaded first is to have the ground in a first page (say, with ID 0), and the rest of the Age in another (for instance, with ID 1 so it's loaded after page 0). However, it's really not convenient when building, since by default all objects are put on the page loaded first.
The trick of placing an object below the ground, might catch the avatar, although it's not guaranteed. But there is an easier solution, which is to raise the spawnpoint (it might not always work either, but it's easier than creating a new object below the ground).
Actually, the object-below-the-ground trick comes from Minkata, which has particular reasons for doing so (namely: the ground being loaded via Python after avatar physics are re-enabled, meaning for a tenth of a second the avatar might be freefalling without anything to hold him - all this because the game is deciding whether it must load the daytime ground or the nighttime one. Yeah, that's a bit weird). But raising the spawnpoint should have the same effect.

Anyway, PhilipGR, you might try to type that as soon as you link in:
/float
(this stops your avatar from falling)
/a
(this places the avatar near the link in point)
/jump 2
(this raises the avatar two feet in the air, to make sure you are above the ground - increase the number if needed)
/nofloat
(this gives you back gravity)
I didn't test it, but it might work. Just be sure to type it as soon as you start falling to avoid relto-ing out. Once you typed /float, you won't risk reltoing anymore.
Sirius

Postby philipgr » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:45 am

Hi Sirius

Thank you for your explanation and your suggestions. Sadly your first and third suggestions do not work, I get a 'locked age' message. Your second suggestion does but sadly the screen stays black. My avatar arrives and then disappears again. I tried it about ten times in a row. I can use my Relto book to get back to my Relto.

Regards
Philip
8-) 8-)
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island