Not sure if I have completed the Somewhere Age

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Not sure if I have completed the Somewhere Age

Postby philipgr » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:52 am

Hi

I am not sure if I have completed the Somewhere Age. I have not found any room, linking book or sign that advises me that I have completed the age. I have read all the sign boards. I have completed the mosaic puzzle to get to the library and the round tower. I have found two easier ways of getting there, from the same area, than the mosaic puzzle.

I have found out how to open the door to the desert, the door to the circular building and how to extend the canyon bridge. I found a rotating orange obelisk in a cave but it does not seem to do anything. I also found the linking book to the dead-end room. I found a lit button in a passage way that also does not appear to do anything. The two objects that are similar to the one that opens the circular room door are not clickable so appear to be for decoration purposes only. The shuttle station on the mountain does not have anything in it and there does not appear to be a shuttle anywhere that go there, so I guess it is also just for show. I have had a ride in the others.

I have not found anything clickable in the circular building in the desert. I have also managed to get, with some difficulty, to the land area surrounding the lake. I climbed up and down all the mountains but did not find anything. I have only found one thing to do on the far side of the canyon. So I am at a loss as to what to do next. All I am doing now is aimlessly wandering around.

Can someone please give me a some advice/help on what to do next.

Regards
Philip
:?: :?:
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Re: Not sure if I have completed the Somewhere Age

Postby janaba » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:26 am

Philip, there's an awesome extensive 'Somewhere & Iceworld' walkthrough, created by Annabelle as an illustrated PDF file of 69 pages, and she has even created guided marker quests for us to download for deeper explorations, in case you had the Uru offline version (+ Drizzle and Offline KI) installed ... Please, follow this link and enjoy ... :P

In case you haven't seen it yet, here you can download two PDF files, showcasing all available fan ages with walkthroughs or links to walkthroughs or links to the original GoW threads with hints and tips etc., if available ... :)
janaba

Postby philipgr » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:33 pm

Hi Janaba

Sorry for only responding now. A good friend of mine for over thirty years passed away suddenly. I have been having to come to terms with that. Thank you very much for helping me I really appreciate it and it was very kind of you. The only thing I missed was the numbers on the rocks. I always thought they were just guide markers for the shuttles as they are all over the place. Now for my next visit to Iceworld.

Take care. best regards
Philip
8-) 8-) 8-)
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Postby Annabelle » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:37 pm

Hi Philip,

For Iceworld, you can use the same document that I made. For the 3rd world: "Elsewhere", I made a video series of my explorations there. It's almost "a walkthrough".

Just like the Guide for Somewhere/Iceworld, I don't call them "walkthrough" because I have no pretention on having the right answer. I may skip puzzles or elements. I think they are very reliable and most important you get to visit every inch of those world.

Enjoy these ages!
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby janaba » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:50 am

Thanks for answering at all and being so open and honest, Philip ... :P

It is good to take some time out in those situations for reflection and contemplation or even deeper connection ... Take good care of yourself too and enjoy the ages, as Annabelle suggests ... :)
janaba

Postby philipgr » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:41 am

Hi Annabelle

Thank you for taking the time to put together your walkthrough for Somewhere and Iceworld, and your journey videos for Elsewhere. Your videos are helpful. They have shown me a few things that I completely missed for example the green buttons in the start area. I got out of there using the gold block. I have been playing the game in my off-line version because in DI someone has got very far and I did not want to be impolite by messing up that explorer's progress. I am up to video three. I have been to places you have not been to yet.

Regards
Philip
:D :D :D
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Postby Annabelle » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:13 am

Hi Philip,

I'm glad you find my works useful :D My videos follow my progression from point A to point Z. Since Elsewhere is very huge, one's path can differ greatly from another. My path is chronologically ordered. I might skip some puzzles (the pillars room is too creepy for me in the first area) but I mainly stay on course from the beginning to the end. The usage people make of my videos or written journey (for Somewhere & Iceworld) is up to them: they can follow them rigorously or just make sure that their own progression doesn't differ much from mine by checking from time to time or just read/watch them to get the general sense then make their own journeys. The only way to do it shorter than my paths is essentially by cheating.

You took the right decision to play that age offline. Unless you want to share a journey with a partner, there's no advantage to play online. It's far too long (between 6 and 9 hours for the whole journey) to be enjoyable. Offline, you can be sure that only your progression is taken into account & not erased.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Return to Deep Island