Create an account for the Guild of Writers forums

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Create an account for the Guild of Writers forums

Postby Dulcamara » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:11 am

Hello friends :)
I'm not sure whether I'm right here.
I'm often asked how to get to Deep Iceland to explore the Fanages.
Then I refer of course always on the side of Diafero: Welcome to the Deep Island Shard.
Everything is so far clear. CD is present and installed. Patcher unpacked.

But then it fails every time on the registration in GOW Forum. :cry:
The people wait along time and then lose interest.

Why is this so and what they are doing wrong.

I've already written a PM to the Guild of Writers Admin, post in this forum in New member ... and sent an email to Diafero.

Hope someone can help
Dulcamara

Re: Create an account for the Guild of Writers forums

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:47 pm

For the truth i not have see this problem because is some time i not go into the island.....many work to do. But i think you have reason...if someone will go into DI and need wait many time for that, is possible the shard lost the interest by new players. I hope this problem not keep for long time. Said me if there are news about this.
Shorah for now. ;)
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:16 pm

gmx.de refuses to accept emails from us. This is clearly a problem with gmx.de because all other email services work fine. If you are paying for gmx.de email, please complain to them about their obviously broken service.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby janaba » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:44 pm

Hi, everyone, hi, Adam ... first, the gmx.de email service is free (though of course they also have a paid Premium Service with broader options available), second, I cannot remember to ever having had problems with not accepted emails from anyone lol ... As is possible with any email service, there might sometimes the one or the other email end up in a very well maintained 'Spam' folder, they're doing a great job with that, to sort those out, even for the free accounts, but that very rarely happens to quite reliable appearing emails, and we have the option to get a daily spam notification so that it is possible to see what they've put in there (their automated intuitive resp. programmed scripts) and react immediately ... Yeah, just sayin' lol (and that's of course only my experience by now) ... :P
janaba

Postby Dulcamara » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:19 am

Thanks for your response :)

my friend had two e-mail addresses of GMX and indeed both were not working.
It also came nothing in the spam folder.
When she changed the providers worked activation immediately.

Thanks again :)
Dulcamara

Postby janaba » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:47 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:gmx.de refuses to accept emails from us. This is clearly a problem with gmx.de because all other email services work fine. If you are paying for gmx.de email, please complain to them about their obviously broken service.

You might indeed be right, Adam, because I've noticed that I haven't received any GoW email notifications for quite some time already, not for too long though, for many years it worked actually, but ok, in general, as I've mentioned above, Gmx was one of my first email providers and I'm quite fond of their free service. Their website is awful lol, but I'm getting my emails and their comfortable spam report every night at 0:50am through Thunderbird anyway, so, I don't mind lol, and notification of new posts on the GoW forums I'll receive through my FF Newsfox RSS feed reader, so, np on that part, I just wanted to mention this and thus confirm your statement above ... :P

Edit: I've just been looking through the 'Blacklist' in my account on the GMX website, but there's no GoW email to find, I'm glad lol, and I've now put *@guildofwriters.com and *@guildofwriters.org in the 'Whitelist', I don't know if the notifications come with org or com, I only have my welcome message of February 2012 left lol, which has the com domain extension, but however, maybe it helps ... :geek:
janaba

Postby Deledrius » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:34 pm

janaba wrote: I've just been looking through the 'Blacklist' in my account on the GMX website, but there's no GoW email to find, I'm glad lol, and I've now put *@guildofwriters.com and *@guildofwriters.org in the 'Whitelist', I don't know if the notifications come with org or com, I only have my welcome message of February 2012 left lol, which has the com domain extension, but however, maybe it helps ... :geek:

The Guild of Writers only uses the .org TLD these days. The .com TLD was used once upon a time, but no longer. :) Anything still using .com should be updated (if possible/relevant) to use .org.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby janaba » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:46 pm

Ahhh, good to know, great, thanks, Deledrius ... :)
janaba

Postby janaba » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:06 pm

Ha! I've created a new gmail account and have just changed my email address here, and successfully received the reactivation email. So, there's one gmx account less to deal with for the GoW administration lol, and I'll receive my notifications for PMs etc. again ... I've actually tried to find a support email or tel. number on GMX to directly ask what this might all be about, but there's no chance for a free account in that respect lol, but it's ok, I can understand that they don't concern themselves anymore with the ordinary common stuff all for free 'with no return' ... :P
janaba

Postby Christian Walther » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:08 am

I have not found a contact form for this specific case (there is one for the reverse case at http://postmaster.gmx.de/en/blacklisting/), but there is a generic one at http://postmaster.gmx.de/en/contact/. It would probably be helpful though if a GoW administrator could give you a copy of a bounce they got to send along.

(For that matter, I also use GMX for my main email address, and I haven’t received any emails from this forum since Jan 2014, but I’m not sure if I should have received any. I just subscribed to this thread, so we’ll see.)
Christian Walther

Next

Return to Deep Island