Create an account for the Guild of Writers forums

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Create an account for the Guild of Writers forums

Postby janaba » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:31 am

Christian Walther wrote:I have not found a contact form for this specific case (there is one for the reverse case at http://postmaster.gmx.de/en/blacklisting/), but there is a generic one at http://postmaster.gmx.de/en/contact/. It would probably be helpful though if a GoW administrator could give you a copy of a bounce they got to send along.

(For that matter, I also use GMX for my main email address, and I haven’t received any emails from this forum since Jan 2014, but I’m not sure if I should have received any. I just subscribed to this thread, so we’ll see.)

Great, Christian, and very interesting, and Yay! I've got the notification of this, your answer here, per gmail ... :P

I wonder though how anyone would get to know about this 'Postmaster' website. Yesterday I didn't find anything, except a costly tel. number lol, yah, not too expensive, but I didn't want to pay some higher rate for maybe just a 'Sorry Ma'am, but we cannot help you with this right now or even not at all' lol ... 8-)

Ok, however, I've immediately filled in that form and I'm now waiting for an answer ... In case they'd need that bounce you're mentioning, Christian, I expect them to tell me this.

Their immediate return on the Postmaster site was --> 'Vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage. Das Mailsecurity-Team von GMX meldet sich umgehend bei Ihnen. Wir haben folgende Daten erhalten:'
'Thank you very much for your inquiry. The GMX Mailsecurity-Team will get back to you promptly (asap). We've received the following data: (the summary of what I've filled in)' ...

Yeah, let's wait and see ... :)
janaba

Postby janaba » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:08 am

Wow! everyone, I've just got the answer already, awesome ... :P

Ok, Christian, here's what they're saying, and I won't translate this all right now, sorry, but I even don't understand what they mean lol, so, I'll paste their answer in German here and please, Christian, be so kind to translate it to Adam and the H'Uru team, in case they'd be interested, or just tell them what all of that means, as you might immediately understand what they've meant to express and what they're advising ... Thanks ... :)

Show Spoiler
janaba

Postby diafero » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:07 am

So it seems the trouble is that the reverse DNS records are not set up properly. I can confirm that:

Code: Select all
$ host 155.254.30.63
Host 63.30.254.155.in-addr.arpa. not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

I am actually surprised this worked then, checking PTR records is not entirely uncommon.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Previous

Return to Deep Island