Myst 5 - white edition

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Myst 5 - white edition

Postby Korovev » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:38 am

Let’s call things by their names: importing EoA ages in Uru is a hack. They were not really designed to be imported, so it’s already remarkable that it can be done at all.

Unless there’s a way to make the tablets work on Uru’s Plasma, I don’t see how those ages could be solved if they were in their initial state.

I think there was an old post (Edit: here) with some modifications that could make some things interactive, but they required editing files with PlasmaShop, a bit more difficult than using Drizzle.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:52 am

heya again, someone suggested i use a 'FLY' mode to visit those places in MYST V that can be reached otherwise because its puzzles are broken. the problem is i don't know how to use that command. is there any section on this forum where we can go to learn how to use those commands ? thanks in advance.
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Korovev » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:35 am

Offline, flymode can be toggled with Esc (altitude is controlled with the spacebar or numpad +/- ).

In Deep Island you can’t use flymode, but you could use /spawn.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby diafero » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:38 am

Yes, it is sad that the puzzles don't work -- but I still find it absolutely awesome to visit these places *at all*, together with friends and company. Making this possible was an extreme amount of work; the fact that most of the animations work and that we don't fall through the floor everywhere is just a miracle.

But it seems 5 years later, everybody takes all that for granted. ;)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Previous

Return to Deep Island