Myst 5 - white edition

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Myst 5 - white edition

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:50 am

hello everyone. does anyone here have MYST V, white box edition willing to sell or give ? apparently the version i bought on GOG.com doesn't work on Deep Island shard. only the one in the WHITE box works.

[ btw, once you install it on your computer , you won't need it anymore. you can copy the installation to USB and to other computers ]. kirk and i are trying to obtain this game for ages to be able to include it in our Deep Island shard. all that we have are wrong editions apparently. :( we need the WHITE one, and a few ones that are available on the internet are extremely expensive :(

so if anyone has it and is willing to sell it for a reasonable price or give please let me know.

thanks
Zesty of Xeniphers

Re: Myst 5 - white edition

Postby Korovev » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:51 am

The European/Collector edition (I mean this one) worked for me.

Would it feasible to modify Drizzle to use the GOG one, even if that meant to lose compatibility with the other versions?
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby janaba » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:57 am

Hi, Zesty, I of course have the German edition (click on 'Standard'), but it can be installed in English, French, Spanish and Italian, and it works and can be converted with Drizzle and the Offline KI, so I suppose it'll work on the DI shard as well ... :P

I don't know where you're living and how much will be charged for the shipping, but besides that I could send it to you for free, because I don't need it anymore, and if so, as you've said, I could copy it somewhere externally ... Just let me know here or per PM how you'd like to proceed about it, maybe you'd like to ask diafero, if the German DVD version will work on DI beforehand ... :)
janaba

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:03 am

heya janaba. thanks so much. i live in Greece atm, so the postage won't be expensive. i will cover it of course. PayPal of whichever way you prefer. THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH ! :) i will PM you my address.
btw did you convert it to DRIZZLE ? does it work for you on DI ? if it does it will work for me too. i asked Dulcamara, she has installed it in her Drizzle and i suppose it is a German version.
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby janaba » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:19 am

Cool, yeah, Greece is not as far, but I just looked around a bit, even to the US it wouldn't be too expensive, one could send the DVD box in a padded envelope as a letter, so that won't be too much, really ... Ok, then go ahead and send me your mailing address and let's do this ... :P
janaba

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:32 am

i have sent you my address in PM. btw yes, i know, even for US it would not be expensive. wonder why they ask $25 for shipping ??? :o
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby janaba » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:50 am

Incidentally, I just got a padded envelope in, lol, really, I just got it, when I needed it lol (I've ordered and just received a new headset in such an envelope), and so I'll directly use it. It is a bit bigger though, so, I've asked myself and now you, if you'd like to have that 'Revelation' box too, then the envelope would be more properly filled and I know that this box, which I don't need anymore too, would be in good hands lol ... :P

Oh, and I have something special for you, maybe you don't have it yet, or maybe you do, it's 'The Well of Tears - The Crowthistle Chronicles', a book by Cecilia Dart-Thornton, which comes with a CD and its content can be converted and explored through Drizzle, those are the 'Rowan Green' and 'The Great Marsh' 'ages', though I'd click the CD to the EoA DVD, so that I wouldn't have to put more weight for another box to the envelope lol ... Ok, let me know, please, and there we go ... :)
janaba

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:11 am

aw, thanks but no, i do have the REVELATION. i did have MYST 5 too, but it seems i gave it to someone. so i only need MYST 5. but i would love that book. i love to read :) i've got its CD though but without book. thanks Janaba.
doing a happy dance here ... i wish you can see me, lol
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby janaba » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:44 am

Awww, I don't have the book anymore, sorry, just the CD, ok, then I'll make the EoA dispatch ready and bring it to the post office ... I'll tell you, when I'm back, and yeah, I see you, I just imagine you doing a happy dance ... :)
janaba

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:24 am

ok then Janaba, just MYST 5 thanks, and fingers crossed it works ..... when i see it online on DI i will do another much longer and much more elaborate happy dance. ;)

Kororev, i wouldn't know how to change the GOG version in order to make it work. i had Wamduskasapa helping me and sharing screens and all on Skype, but we could not make it work. (something like that was suggested on this forum).
Zesty of Xeniphers

Next

Return to Deep Island