Myst 5 - white edition

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Myst 5 - white edition

Postby Korovev » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:34 am

The “installation of the White Edition replacement files” sounds legally problematic, unless you can use the GOG datafiles exclusively. If you don’t need any additional files, then perhaps the procedure could be added to Drizzle.

Or maybe the server could accept two valid checksums? Soundbuffer sounds like something that only affects the local client, not the interaction between players.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby janaba » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:38 am

Zesty of Xeniphers wrote:THANK YOU again Janaba. i sent you an email to make sure i got the address right. after that of course, i am sending the funds to your PayPal :)
and thank god for antiquated discs, :lol: .

Yep, just got it and answered, and as I've stated in my email, I hope I didn't embarrass you yesterday with leaving it open and up to you, Zesty ... I suppose, I'd also prefer to pay my fair share, even if it were only 50 cents or so lol ... In RL I'd just say, hey, c'mon, let's have a nice coffee or ice cream somewhere or so, but with internet connections it's a bit different lol ... :P

However, as for the Drizzle modifications and adjustments, diafero did the Offline KI and Dustin the Drizzle conversions ... I don't know if diafero has the time and passion to dig deep and delve into the Drizzle codes to apply solutions (this doesn't rule out that he actually may), even if they'd be provided by others, but maybe someone else likes to take over and to develop and improve Drizzle even further (it is Open Source right?) ... :)
janaba

Postby janaba » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:28 am

That was fast! I just love Paypal lol ... I was just ordering sth and paying through Paypal, when I saw your payment. Thanks, Zesty and Kirk ... :P

Now I'm eager to hear that you've got your game, when you have it lol ... :)
janaba

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:49 am

well, after all this time and effort, we did succeed to install MYST 5 on DRIZZLE and went to play online together and to our utter disappointment no puzzle was working. the whole MYST 5 seem to be there just for show, and even if just for show we can't see all of the ages as it takes solving or moving or clicking on something to get to see it all. we are not able to activate anything at all. (crying big tears right now). is this how it's supposed to be ? just for show ?
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Charura » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:10 pm

Yes...Myst 5 Drizzled rain down your cheeks... Had you read further into what Drizzle could/could not do, you would have seen the answer...
Gehn Shard avvies: charura 10827 chickopee 142711 cannon belle 144577 char gearz 149794 teri dactyl 153077
Moul(a) Charura 55400 Chickopee 20089892 Cannon Belle 13686512 Char Gearz 706359 Teri Dactyl 12658065
Charura

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:33 pm

Check out this forum entry where I asked the exact same question.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Sirius » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:57 pm

No luck Zesty, yes all these Ages are explorable (well, at least most locations can be accessed) but all puzzles are broken. Myst V differs too much from Uru, so it's almost impossible to convert all the puzzles.

You know, I like that "almost" word.

*whistling innocently*

;)
Sirius

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:16 am

i like that ALMOST word too. i still have hope and believe that one of the great writers here will find the way ... i am willing to send loads of chocolate for the effort ;)
P.S. @Charura, i saw that but thought it had been solved long ago. maybe i just wanted to believe ... oh well, ...
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Korovev » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:49 am

But if you think about it, IC it makes sense to be like that: Myst V is a retelling of what happened to Dr. Watson about ten years ago; the ages of EoA have already been ‘solved’ by him, and with Drizzle we see as they are ‘now’.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:40 am

the game has been made to be solved many times by many people. being there just for show is a big shame. especially because some parts of the game are completely blocked.
to install DRIZZLE isn't easy at all. and all this effort for 2 ages that are there just for show ? seems a shame to me.
Zesty of Xeniphers

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island