Cannot click Relto on pedestal from Cleft

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Cannot click Relto on pedestal from Cleft

Postby iPenguin » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:10 pm

I just installed Deep Island on a Mac using a Wineskin wrapper. The install was successful and I loaded the game just fine, and it starts me off in the Cleft like I was expecting. After collecting all 7 cloths and entering through the portal door, the environment changes from what it is in MOUL (might be intentional) and looks flatter and less textured. When I walk up to where the Relto book is, it can't be clicked. The Relto book I have at the bottom of my screen can't be clicked yet either. It does not appear like I can continue in the game without being able to get to Relto.
iPenguin

Re: Cannot click Relto on pedestal from Cleft

Postby Ainia » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:13 pm

Shorah iPenguin,

Maybe a screenshot or two of what you are seeing might help?
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby iPenguin » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:41 pm

Odd, so when I went back into the game this time, the weird rendering issues in the area below the cleft were no longer there. The book allowed me to click it this time, but now the linking panel is gone, so basically the same effect as before. You can see the panel when it's resting on the pedestal, however. I tried to attach screenshots of this issue, but got the following error: Could not upload attachment to ./files/7977_0177f5f16b7488c5394056517b2a9c8f.
iPenguin

Postby Korovev » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:40 am

Not sure if it’s your case, but I usually get similar glitches – loss of textures (sometimes) and linking books without panels – when for some reasons the client get suddenly disconnected.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby iPenguin » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:16 pm

I tried a few more times, but so far every time I go in the book is still blank. Is it possible I'm missing a file or something (or perhaps a file got corrupted)?
iPenguin

Postby iPenguin » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:29 am

I'm still running into this error, and my internet connection appears to be good. I don't think this is an issue of me getting disconnected from the server.

Should I re-copy any of the Uru dat files or anything to try to fix this? Are there any other suggestions? I could meet over Skype if anyone has time.
iPenguin

Postby Ainia » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:26 pm

Shorah iPenguin,

The only thing I can think of that might be causing this would be a corrupted file somewhere. All the files related to the Cleft Age should be in the dat folder in your wineskin. Because this is played standalone (not with others on the shard), I'm thinking it *should* be ok to overwrite them with ones from a working installation of UruCC. Before taking this step, you may want to make a backup copy of your DI wineskin, just to be safe.

At least, this is one of the troubleshooting steps I would try (or the more tedious business of comparing each Cleft*.prp file size between a working UruCC install and the DI install). It's difficult to know which particular prp file is associated with the hidden cave under the cleft, though there are many that you can rule out by their descriptive filenames. The ones that look the likeliest to me are:

Cleft_District_BookRoom.prp
Cleft_District_BuiltIn.prp
Cleft_District_Cleft.prp
Cleft_District_Textures.prp
Cleft_District_tmnaDesert.prp
Cleft.age
Cleft.fni
Cleft.sum

The only other place I see likely files for the Cleft Age is in the SDL folder (Cleft.sdl), so you might want to replace that one too.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. :(

Please post here if anything helps, or if you are able to rule out some of the possibilities.
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Annabelle » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:57 pm

Shorah iPenguin,

When you say you have a good Internet connection, are you using a wired or wireless one? I think that a lot of issues can come from wireless connections. Everytime, I played with an explorer on wireless connection on Deep Island, they ran into so much hassles.

If you are, like me, all cabled, then I cannot help you more, I never had that type of weird 'missing part of age' issues. I think you are in good hands with Ainia & Korovev :)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Korovev » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:09 am

Another potential cause could be the graphic card; Uru CC seems to be more picky than Uru Live on that side.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby iPenguin » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:09 pm

I tried replacing all the files in Ainia's post with the ones in the UruCC dat and SDL folders, but still no linking panel. Is there a way to tell if you're still connected to the server? Seems odd I'd get disconnected every time.

I don't really have the ability to be wired in - the only working ethernet port has our router plugged into it right now.

My graphics card doesn't seem like it would be an issue. I've got the white unibody 2010 Macbook, with a graphics card of NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB.
iPenguin

Next

Return to Deep Island