can't use print screen to take a screenshot

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

can't use print screen to take a screenshot

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:25 am

hello, since yesterday i am unable to take screenshots :(.
[ to do that i use PRINTSCREEN button on my keyboard and try to paste it in PAINT program that comes with Windows 7, as usual. it works with everything else except MOULa and TOC and Deep Island shards. ]

so to conclude, taking screenshot works generally but it stopped working with MOULa and TOC and Deep Island shard. when i click paste in my PAINT program all i get is a black picture.

any ideas as to why is this happening ?
Last edited by Zesty of Xeniphers on Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zesty of Xeniphers

Re: can't take SCREENSHOTS

Postby dendwaler » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:54 am

I cant tell you what exactly went wrong, but the generic print screen function does not work for me either.
I advise you to download the open source program named " green shot"
i use it many years without problems.
It gives you more freedom and more possibilities.
You can choose between a screenshot of the whole desktop or only the opened window or aselected area on the destop.
Its free , small, no virus in it.
A great application. : :D

http://getgreenshot.org/
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Re: can't use print screen to take a screenshot

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:16 am

Print Screen worked fine till yesterday. i am sure i did something unawares to change it. it doesn't work with any game now. it must be something that i did but what ?
Zesty of Xeniphers

Re: can't use print screen to take a screenshot

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:42 pm

problem solved, doing happy dance here :) thanks to Wamduskasapa who is always there for me and came to my aid withing 10 min. some software overtook my hotkeys.
we realised that when i tried to download the application that you suggested Dendwaler. it sent me this warning:

Zesty of Xeniphers

Return to Deep Island