Unable to use KI and glitch in Nexus

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Unable to use KI and glitch in Nexus

Postby SpiderFish » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:39 pm

I have just recently installed the Deep Island Shard on my Mac using Wine. I am running OS 10.11.4. Everything seems to have been successful, as I have been able to load the shard just fine. I finished the cleft, but when I clicked on the Relto book atop the pedestal at the end, I got a black screen for a few minutes before I was taken to my Relto. Upon arriving in Relto, I was given a message that I had been disconnected from the server. I did not think this was a big deal, so I continued to explore.

The first problem I noticed (based off of what my friend has told me) was that I only had 2 or 3 books on my shelf, and he says I should have many more than that. I was hoping the issue would resolve itself, so I journeyed into Gahressan to obtain my KI. I received it from the machine and am able to click on the little KI icon at the bottom left of my screen. My second problem is that once I am presented with the larger KI in the top left, I am unable to expand it at all. I am also unable to type anything while in the shard. I traveled to the ferry terminal and discovered that I can see other players, and can also be seen by them. The third problem I became aware of while talking to my friend is that my Nexus menu does not appear to be functioning the way it is supposed to. The left hand side of my Nexus menu says "Link Category" 4 times going down, and underneath that is says English, Francois, and Deutsch with a box with an X in it to the right of all 3.

Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated!
SpiderFish

Re: Unable to use KI and glitch in Nexus

Postby iPenguin » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:54 am

I'm bumping this thread because I'm running into the same problem. I'm running El Capitan, is it possible this is the issue, or does it sound more like something went wrong during installation?
iPenguin

Postby diafero » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:34 am

(Sorry for taking so long to reply; I am not very active here any more as you can tell ;)

This sounds like something went horribly wrong somewhere! It's hard to tell where, though. The game should not even continue to run once you are disconnected from the server. It also seems like your Python is all broken. I guess this has something to do with you doing this on Mac with Wine; but then, I am using Uru on Linux with Wine and it's working just fine.

Could you try to log in again, go to the broken Nexus, observer that it is broken, quit the game, and then send me the file "log/Python.0.elf"? Maybe that file contains some information about what is going wrong...
From a first guess, it sounds like you just didn't get the Python files you need. Which makes no sense at all, the game should auto-update when you start. Or does Mac have similar "features" to Windows where folders are virtualized and stuff written there doesn't actually end up there? I have never used a Mac, so if the problem is Mac-specific, I can't help you. :/
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby SpiderFish » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:40 pm

Diafero,

Thank you for your response. I am sending you and e-mail with that python file attached.
SpiderFish

Return to Deep Island