Playing offline

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Playing offline

Postby evansu1337 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:26 pm

Hi! I didn't know that it was possible to play this game offline. If the ages are only available through a server when you log in, how can you play offline? I don't understand. I notice in the Cathedral thread that there is mention of only being able to play it properly offline, so this is very confusing to me, as it is a great new age so far, but I have found that I can't seem to figure out how to get further. If I have to play offline, can you please tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance1
evansu1337

Re: Playing offline

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:58 am

First off you need a clean install of Uru: Complete Chronicles. This MUST be installed in a Folder other than Program Files or Program Files (x86). Then you need an installation of Drizzle. PLEASE follow the installation directions on the Drizzle Page, exactly.

Drizzle is able to convert the ages of Myst Online: Uru Live, Myst V, Crowthistle, Hex Isle and MagiQuest to the format of Uru: Complete Chronicles so that they can be played offline, with the Uru avatar and all the powers of the Offline KI.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Re: Playing offline

Postby Acorn » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:04 am

Wam is correct - but while he was posting I was looking at the wiki page on playing offline which may give you a bit more info if you need it: https://guildofwriters.org/wiki/Playing_Fan_Ages
Acorn

Return to Deep Island