Myst V Multiplayer

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Myst V Multiplayer

Postby doctorwho788 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:47 am

Hi! I'm quite new to deep island (and actually quite new to the myst series overall).
I noticed that it's possible to play the Myst 5 ages in this shard, so I converted them and everything worked perfectly fine (except for the puzzles). My question is:
Is there any way to play the myst 5 ages with a friend? If it's not possible in this shard, atleast tell me if there is any other way to do it. Keep in mind that I'm 100% new to this and right now
I don't even know how to share ages.
doctorwho788

Re: Myst V Multiplayer

Postby Dulcamara » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:10 am

Hello dodtorwho788 :)

if your friend has the same installation as you, you can go to the Myst V ages together without sharing.
Normaly you have a book in your shelf, this bring you to Direbo.

Greetings
Dulcamara
Dulcamara

Postby doctorwho788 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:02 pm

Thanks, I'll try it now.
doctorwho788

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:55 pm

Greetings DoctorWho788

To get that Direbo Relto Linking Book - You will need to leap into the Cleft Volcano
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Annabelle » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:22 pm

Hi DoctorWho788,

To your question:
Is there any way to play the myst 5 ages with a friend?

Play as in visiting, exploring the ages, and enjoying the sightings with a friend: YES

Play as in actually play Myst 5 ages as intended in the solo game: NO

Let's review some facts:
1) Myst 5 End of Ages is really a follow up of Myst URU, it uses the same game engine but it was intended to be played solo in 1st pers mode where Myst URU can be played in 1st pers mode or in 3rd pers mode. In Myst 5 End of Ages you are interacting with some characters and you are encountering some animals.
2) Deep Island is a shard based on a fan hack of Myst URU (an offline game) to make it online, it's an alcugs server. It had is haydays, its development stopped a long time ago. Nowadays we are grateful it works... There are many "offline-online translation" issues, known issues. For example, crabs in Ahnonay are bugged so they were taken out of the Deep Island shard to avoid the bug.
3) Myst 5 End of Ages "addition feature" is a "hack over a hack" so basically there are even more bugs, mostly unaddressed. Almost every "moving aspects" of the solo game have been disabled (Yeesha appearances, Bahros, ability to write on bahro stone, etc.) keeping just the bare minimum (linking possibilities, some animals like snakes & butterflies, day & night shift in a particular age)

So, the addition of Myst 5 End of Ages is really awesome from an exploration point of view but from a playability point of view, prefer the "get together & solve together with a friend experience behind one's computer screen"
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Return to Deep Island