Request: Go back ahnonay to a solo player age

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Request: Go back ahnonay to a solo player age

Postby Miraak » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:25 am

I would like to post a request because i find that the actual ahnonay are not interesing to play becasue ALL are already activated (the water is off, the crabes & ice tree are off, the final door is open)
me i started in sphere 2 and all was already actived (except the door in maintainance aera)

I have found no pleasure to play ahnonay :cry:

and for exemple: if i want to stay in sphere 4 in my ahnonay and if an other explorer change the sphere that will change all explorer sphere :(

so please go back ahnonay and ahnonay cathedral to a solo player age.

PS: i find that pity because i love all the other things of DI except this system for ahnonay
Miraak

Re: Request: Go back ahnonay to a solo player age

Postby dendwaler » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:32 am

If you are alone in the age type: / !resetage
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Miraak » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:37 am

Thanks for the command but it's can be a problem too: if a player use this command in ahnonay this will reset ahnonay for all player

PS: ah it's you who created the "cathedral" age ? i love your age :)
Miraak

Postby Annabelle » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:38 pm

The thing is Ahnonay is really a complex age that was not intended to be played in a multi-player environment. Keeping Ahnonay & the 4 Spheres in fully working state (going from solo URU:CC to an online shard like Deep Island) is not possible. Most of the age logics are broken.

On Deep Island, you'll never see crabs on Sphere 1 not because someone solved the age before you, but instead because they were so buggy, they are disabled.
On Deep Island, you'll never see ning trees on Sphere 2 (crystal trees) not because someone solved the age before you, but instead because they were so buggy, they are disabled.

You call the ages Ahnonay Cathedral & Ahnonay but that only stands in a MOUL-based shard like MOULa or Gehn.
In Deep Island which is URU:CC-based shard (well some purists might argue...) the ages are called Ahnonay, Sphere 1, Sphere 2, Sphere 3, & Sphere 4. URU:CC has been built to be a standalone solo game. Those ages are unique, they cannot be instanced. There cannot be Annabelle's Ahnonay or Miraak's Ahnonay, there's only: Ahnonay, Sphere 1, Sphere 2, Sphere 3, & Sphere 4. Therefore they are "de facto" public instances.

You cannot use the command /resetage! in ages created by Cyan, it will give you a message error.

You can still pretty much enjoy the Path of the Shell Journey there even thought you don't see the crabs & the ning trees. If you want the full experience, play solo on URU:CC. On MOUL-based shard, the Path of the Shell Journey is not as amazing as on URU:CC.

And theoretically, if you can play on Deep Island, you own a copy of URU:CC. ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Doobes » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:14 am

Annabelle wrote:On MOUL-based shard, the Path of the Shell Journey is not as amazing as on URU:CC.

Agreed, but it does have a lovely consolation prize at the end:
Show Spoiler
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby diafero » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:46 am

The entire Uru:CC game was never intended to be playable online. Most of itt (the old parts, Uru:ABM) works anyway because Cyan just left all the code for that in; however, for the new content in Path of the Shell, they did not make it multiplayer compatible. So with Ahnonay, we pretty much had the choice of making it instanced, i.e. having one version of Ahnonay per player, in which case it would have been impossible to visit Ahnonay with anyone else (the mechanism for that works in MOUL; it does not work here) -- or to make Ahnonay shared, so that you can at least visit the place with your friends, but cannot play it the usual way.

Btw, when I say "not multiplayer compatible", that's what I mean -- we had to do lots of patching ("hacking") in Er'cana and Ahnonay to fix lots of weird bugs that appeared once there was an even (!) number of players in the age (which can not happen offline); and for Ahnonay, there also was a crash whenever you have a 3rd player join. This crash was eventually fixed by moving the entire age *up* a couple dozen of in-game meters... yes, we translated *all* the geometry, and that fixed crashes. I didn't say thinks made sense ;)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Deledrius » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:32 am

diafero wrote:we had to do lots of patching ("hacking") in Er'cana and Ahnonay to fix lots of weird bugs that appeared once there was an even (!) number of players in the age (which can not happen offline); and for Ahnonay, there also was a crash whenever you have a 3rd player join. This crash was eventually fixed by moving the entire age *up* a couple dozen of in-game meters... yes, we translated *all* the geometry, and that fixed crashes. I didn't say thinks made sense ;)

Wow, I did not know about those bugs. They sound so ridiculous that I have to believe them. That's Uru!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Miraak » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:47 am

Sorry to up this i know its old but i completly forget to activate notif for this post so i didn't see Diafero answer

i my case i admit i would have prefer the first option but i can understand why u choose the second one
but i dont understood what do you mean by "it would have been impossible to visit Ahnonay with anyone else (the mechanism for that works in MOUL; it does not work here)" why this specific age would not work with book sharing/nexus invite (since it work with others age including er'cana) ? is it because there are spehre 1, 2, 3 and 4 instead of full ahnonay ?
Miraak

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:58 am

Well, the reason for there are 4 spheres is because the puzzle is build arround those. For this you most keep patience and take care to found the correct way for to solve the age....in Ahnonay the Cyan have fun to give us many time for turn in a circle many times :D
For the working of the age in DI is possible is hard because is an age directly linked to Er Cana, and for that there are instructions in the code of the machine who can give some problem in a cracked version......and remember: too in MOULa sometime a multi player into the age can cause some crash....we have saw it many times. :P
Good luck with your adventure :D
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby Sirius » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:46 pm

Miraak wrote:but i dont understood what do you mean by "it would have been impossible to visit Ahnonay with anyone else (the mechanism for that works in MOUL; it does not work here)" why this specific age would not work with book sharing/nexus invite (since it work with others age including er'cana) ? is it because there are spehre 1, 2, 3 and 4 instead of full ahnonay ?

From what I understood, that's something similar.
Initially Uru was built around the idea that all Ages are self-contained. In other words, a puzzle in an Age can NEVER interact with the puzzle from another Age (save for Journey clothes - these are your own, no matter which version of the Age you link to). But in Ahnonay's case, the game had to keep track of which sphere is currently active. Ahnonay's Cathedral uses this information to link you to the correct "sub-Age", and those sub Ages modify this property anytime you link back to the Cathedral.

The alternative Uru Complete Chronicles uses is to store this information someplace else in your save game. However, this "place" is not managed correctly by the server. I don't know the specifics, but I speculate that when linking to your private Ahnonay, the game would read the currently active sphere from the PUBLIC version of Ahnonay. Or the other way around. Or worse... The obvious fix is to make a unique version of Ahnonay that behaves the same for all players...
Sirius

Next

Return to Deep Island