FemaleLanding Roll.prp has an invalid version

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

FemaleLanding Roll.prp has an invalid version

Postby TrapperDave » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:01 am

OK I am trying to help a friend setup Deep Island. She installed URU CC in a remote folder & applied the patch.
Logged in OK with user name & forum password & log in did updates .
Then she gets an error : > "the file dat/Garrison_District_FemaleLanding Roll.prp has an invalid version, but is required to log in.Uru can not be started."
She reloaded everything 3 times & I sent her my .dat folder to try.
OS is Windows 7 which I am not familiar with, but she did the shortcut OK with " Run as Administrator" with full control.
Need to know what to do about this error?
TrapperDave Ki #00151142
Lost somewhere in Elsewhere for a long time
TrapperDave

Re: FemaleLanding Roll.prp has an invalid version

Postby TrapperDave » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:44 am

Problem was solved :) Don't need an answer anymore :)
TrapperDave Ki #00151142
TrapperDave

Postby diafero » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:54 am

Great :)

Could you please describe what you did to fix that? That may be helpful for others who have the same problem :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby TambraDoll » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:00 pm

I keep getting this error message, with no way to correct it. Please help?
TambraDoll

Postby diafero » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:50 am

Usually it indicates a problem with the add-on -- you have to manually install the adding "The Path of the Shell" to get the right files.
Also make sure your Uru folder is *not* in "C:\Program Files" or anything like that, but, say, in your "Saved Games" folder or so.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby TrapperDave » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:43 am

I don't know what I did to fix it ? It was a new WIN 10 computer. I wiped it all out & just kept trying to install it until it all of a sudden worked :)
But I do know there are many others who can not install DI, and get frustrated and quit.
TrapperDave Ki #00151142
TrapperDave

Postby Doobes » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:55 pm

TrapperDave wrote:But I do know there are many others who can not install DI, and get frustrated and quit.

They need to pause, take a deep breath, then come here and talk about the problem. Facebook may be the big social media site, but the experts of all things URU programming-wise are here. ;)
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Korovev » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:11 am

Regarding the “fetching player” issue:
viewtopic.php?p=70942#p70942
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Sirius » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:56 am

Since it seems this issue was not resolved for some people, I figured I might as well add a suggestion for next time the problem arises...

Diafero, maybe next time you could try entirely removing this file from the server ? It's unused by the game, just like the following files:
Show Spoiler

... Maybe these files were removed from some versions of the game because they are unused, which is why the patcher fails validating these. In which case entirely removing them from the checklist might unlock access to some players.

Also, for the next person reporting a "PRP has an invalid version" problem, remember to specify in your post what is the language of your game, and possibly link to a picture of the boxed version of the game. Most of these errors are related to minor variations of the files, caused either by languages being added or by unused files being removed. So far we've managed to get around those, so with enough infos we should be able to give access to DI to everyone :)
Sirius

Postby diafero » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:18 am

You are saying I can delete these files from the dat folder of all players, and things should still work? Including the wall -- or the parts of it that used to work, anyway? That sounds... daring, but well, we can give it a try.
Interestingly, DescentDebris and ClimbUpDebris seem to not even come with a Female animation.

So I deleted these files, and the next time anyone logs in, they will also have these files deleted -- and the files are no longer required to log in. TrapperDave, can you try again?

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Next

Return to Deep Island