How do I get to the new age alabastor?

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

How do I get to the new age alabastor?

Postby hhhenry » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:56 pm

I feel like Harry Potter at the train station for the first time.
hhhenry

Re: How do I get to the new age alabaster?

Postby Annabelle » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:09 pm

Alabaster is the name.

Alabaster is linked to Elodea. One must first reach Elodea's Mainland (age "Elodea"), search for the Alabaster's book (there's a puzzle to solve before reaching it). Make sure you read "the journal". It's inside that journal that Dulcamara conceils every details of her explorations.

If you play online on Deep Island Shard, the book will be available without solving the puzzle.
If you download the age (using Drizzle) and play on your offline install, you won't have choice, the puzzle needs to be solved.

Make sure you lower your graphics settings to the lowest. Don't mind much, it won't change a thing! Except, you won't be crashing your game...

There's always the quick way to reach an age if you play offline... I won't tell you how because at least, you have to solve the puzzle in Elodea in order to reach Alabaster properly. It's an admin command. De facto, we are the admin on our own offline install... ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Re: How do I get to the new age alabastor?

Postby TrapperDave » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:13 am

Yep as Annabelle said :)
But online is very buggy. I am invisible to others this morning. On the list but they can not see my avie. Then wen RO was there he was invisible to me ? RO took a pic & put on FB.
B'Shon had no relto page in his book. I opened the Gate for B'Shon & walked through, he was right beside me & said it never opened for him. So I opened it from the other side. Saw it open but B'Shon said it never opened for him. So I old him I would quit & he should reset the Age :) But all was working for me & not much for him ? ( puzzled ?)
Dunno what's going on, it is strange ? However all through that I could play OK.

I installed drizzle on my new WINDOWS 10, got Dulca's files off FB and inserted. Now I can not play offline because Drizzle takes me online with startup ?
Never had that problem on old Windows XP ?
TrapperDave Ki #00151142
Lost somewhere in Elsewhere for a long time
TrapperDave

Re: How do I get to the new age alabastor?

Postby Annabelle » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:56 am

@TrapperDave: now you must be careful here... Dulcamara's files you got through FB don't need drizzle. All you have to do is unzip the content, copy & paste all of the content of each folder into your offline install folder. From /dat to /dat, from /Python to /Python, etc.

If you want to use Drizzle to install Alabaster instead, you can since yesterday Diafero's message saying: Alabaster is on UAM now! https://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=6340&p=70808#p70808
You must then use Drizzle & update Elodea & install Alabaster. For Windows 10, use my step-by-step formula, you can find it here: https://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=6636&p=69573&hilit=+windows+10#p69573 Nov 16, 2015 post!
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Return to Deep Island