DI Shard on MacOSX Sierra 10.12.3

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: DI Shard on MacOSX Sierra 10.12.3

Postby boblishman » Wed May 03, 2017 3:03 pm

belford wrote:Maybe iTunes is opening your firewall in some way which the game turns out to rely on?

(Not something I've heard of re iTunes, but it's all I can think of.)

My firewall is off. It makes no sense whatsoever. I tested it again today and it's the same. Without iTunes running it doesn't get past Uru.exe
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Postby diafero » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:50 pm

I won't pretend to understand what the heck is happening, but I'll add "try running iTunes in background" to the list of things I suggest to people when they come to me with Mac OS problems. ;)

Maybe it has something to do with how Uru outputs sound...?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby boblishman » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:46 pm

I think you're right about it being a sound issue because there's one shard I that will only play if I DISABLE (unticked the "enable" box) the sound in the Audio Tab. I'm not sure if it's a Mac specific issue or a Wine/Mac compatibility issue and it does seem to depend on which graphic card your Mac has.
If you're giving someone the "iTunes advice" you can tell them that all they need to do is open iTunes and then close its window using the red dot. This doesn't actually quit iTunes and you will see that its icon (in the dock) still has a dot underneath it showing it's still running in the background.
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Previous

Return to Deep Island