Issues I am experiencing in Alabaster

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Issues I am experiencing in Alabaster

Postby philipgr » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:52 am

Good evening

I am encountering a number of issues while playing Alabaster. The biggest issue I have is freezing and then crashing. The issues are:
1) Freezing and crashing.
I freeze and crash when I click on some brown door door handles and on a room which has a door that opens automatically. In these places it happens everytime I am there. The one place where I keep crashing when clicking on a door handle is
preventing me from progressing further in that area. The room that I am trying to enter through it front door, I call it the butterfly and bug room, I crash every time I try to enter. There is a slight variation here namely, sometimes I crash as the door
starts to open, othertimes after I have passed through the doorway. A good friend of mine showed me another way to get into this room. I freeze and crash when I try to leave by its from door. I froze and crashed seven times this evening between 1700
and 1900. On Saturday I froze and crashed eight times trying to get into this room. Last week I constantly crashed and froze in the other areas every time I clicked on the respective door levers. I have had an issue in Windows 7 capturing the crash
information. I found away this evening to do it so I am attaching a text file with the crash dump details. I could only add three screenshots. I have more I can pass on.
Show Spoiler

2) Sinking in the lake
I have while swimming around the edge of the lake sunk to the bottom a number of times. This is random and has occured in a number of places. I sink completely to the bottom and I have been unable to return to the surface. The nearer to the beach
I swim the further I sink. I tried swimming into the cliff walls hoping to rise but I do not. So I have to relto out. One time I sank to an area which has a wreck and a statue. Is there away to get back to the surface? I tried the jump command but it is
disbaled.
3) Invisibility
On a number of occasions I cannot see other players when they can see me. This is very strange. My friend sent me KI shots of him standing right in front of me yet I could not see him. I have never had this happen to me in any other age.
4) Clues hard to read
I am playing the age on the lowest graphic level possible as per the advice I received in another post of mine. This has made reading some clues very difficult and near to impossible. Three examples are A) The drawing the classroom - the writing is very
difficult to read, B) Some of the coloured symbols in the cross drawn on the ground - the one symbol is just a bunch of green and blue marks, C) The periodic table. Is there away to sharpen these to make them more readable?
5) Game sluggish in some areas
I found two areas/locations where the game becomes sluggish every time I go through them. Sometimes they join together. The first area is the area with the benches and the stone fountain you come after leaving the beetle room. The other area is
the short flight of steps that lead into the black passage with the red columns that is after the skylight window area you enter after leaving the fountain area.

Regards
Philip
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Re: Issues I am experiencing in Alabaster

Postby Dulcamara » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:16 pm

Hello philipgr :)

1) Freezing and crashing.
I freeze and crash when I click on some brown door door handles and on a room which has a door that opens automatically.

These errors are already known to me. I myself have the same problem, when I touch this door online.
Offline it works perfectly.
I can no longer say, that I am already working on these problems.

2) Sinking in the lake

It is desirable in some areas to dive.
There are three swimming levels. If you do it right, you can get back to the surface without going to Relto.

3) Invisibility

yes i know this problem too. Can't say how to fix it. Maybe after splitting the age in two smaller parts, it will be better.

4) Clues hard to read

Yes thats a problem if you play with the the lowest grafic level.
Three examples are A) The drawing the classroom - the writing is very difficult to read, B) Some of the coloured symbols in the cross drawn on the ground - the one symbol is just a bunch of green and blue marks, C) The periodic table. Is there away to sharpen these to make them more readable?

It is a pity that you can not read it better, but to solve the puzzles all three examples are not really necessary.

5) Game sluggish in some areas

What you are describing is known and easy to explain.
The first area is the area with the benches and the stone fountain you come after leaving the beetle room.

After leaving the Beetle room there was a long animationphase. The thing you solved by solving the Raetsel must also go back to the initial state. You can only move slowly during this process. Just wait a little and then the movement is possible again without problems.
he other area is
the short flight of steps that lead into the black passage with the red columns that is after the skylight window area you enter after leaving the fountain area.
Same problem. Maybe the animation was not ready and you to fast.

After all, i am not a professional game writer, but i'll do my very best to make the age more playable.
And please, let me have a little bit time for it. ;)
Dulcamara

Postby philipgr » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:41 pm

Hi Dulcamara

Thank you for your explanations. Please accept my apologies if it appeared that I am being harsh. That is not my intention. I just wanted to bring them to your attention in case you were not aware of them.

Regards
Philip
;)
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Postby Dulcamara » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:28 am

Do not worry Philip,
I'm not angry with you. ;)
There is no reason for an excuse.

I am perhaps a little annoyed, because I always hear the same problems, and the progress with the update is very slowly.
I have only one day a week to work on it.

Greetings
Dulcamara
Dulcamara

Return to Deep Island