High Sierra Supplemental Update - broke DI Wineskin Wrapper

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

High Sierra Supplemental Update - broke DI Wineskin Wrapper

Postby boblishman » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:42 am

This is just becoming a nightmare.

I just did the 'MacOSX High Sierra Supplemental Update' ... and now Uru.exe crashes with the "serious error" dialogue during startup. :roll: and I can not get into
Deep Island.I have spent a couple of hours trying all kinds of settings/engines etc but nothing helps.

If anyone can get in using the Wineskin Wrapper 1.5.2.1. and the 2.6.2. Engine (or any other wrapper/engine combo) once they have updated to High Sierra Supplemental Update ... please let me know.

I am starting to lose the will to live ... (in Uru)

ALL my Complete Chronicles based shard Wine Wrappers are broken ... plus my Offline game as well. However, all the MOUL-based shard wrappers (inc. MystOnline Uru Live) DO continue to work after this update. Seems it just broke the CC wrappers.

We may well be coming to the end of "Uru on Mac" thanks to Apple's continual upgrading of MacOSX ... but I truly hope not.

If anyone can get in using the Wineskin Wrapper 1.5.2.1. and the 2.6.2. Engine (or any other wrapper/engine combo) once they have updated to High Sierra Supplemental Update ... please let me know.
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Re: High Sierra Supplemental Update - broke DI Wineskin Wrap

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:47 am

I'm Sorry to hear this.
Test to start the game in compatible mode (if there is on MAC). I cannot help you because i work with Windows 7, and here i not have see this problem.
I hope you can solve it in short time.
Kind regards and take care.

Jhon J. Jaguar
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby boblishman » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Thanks Jhon. Actually, I have solved it! I'm not sure exactly how but after logging into the second user account on my Mac and several restarts (for other reasons) the wrappers have started to work again. :o
I'm even more convinced that this is something to do with iTunes (or processes that start WITH iTunes) as theses wrappers display this same behaviour if I try to run them WITHOUT starting iTunes, i.e. I have to have iTunes running to get these wrappers to work properly.
Anyway, all is well again, including my offline CC game, but I'll leave this stuff here in case anyone else has the same problems.

Maybe I'll see you in DI or TOC sometime. :)
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Postby Deledrius » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:21 pm

boblishman wrote:I'm even more convinced that this is something to do with iTunes (or processes that start WITH iTunes) as theses wrappers display this same behaviour if I try to run them WITHOUT starting iTunes, i.e. I have to have iTunes running to get these wrappers to work properly.

That is so weird. Glad you got it working.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to Deep Island