Is it OK to upload a patch for Myst V to work with Drizzle?

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Is it OK to upload a patch for Myst V to work with Drizzle?

Postby hgdagon » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:15 pm

I made a patch that makes Myst V gog version into the retail version to import to DI. Now, it's just ~1MB, and as such doesn't contain any actual files, just XDELTA patches and requires Myst V GOG version to install. I was wondering if it would be OK to upload it here, so us GOG people wouldn't have to purchase the game again?
hgdagon

Re: Is it OK to upload a patch for Myst V to work with Drizz

Postby Deledrius » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:53 am

I don't think there is any problem with sharing that kind of patch. That sounds like it's pretty insubstantial and requires the purchased game to use it.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby hgdagon » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:12 pm

Hm... Looks like I rushed posting this. I can't confirm that this works... The internet tells me I should drop down in the volcano in the cleft to link to Myst V ages. So, I jump over the fence run up top and drop down, and it just spawns me back at the cleft....

Originally, when I tried importing my GOG version, the DI Launcher deleted them, since they were "wrong", so I tried the retail version, and I thought since DI "swallowed" it, that was proof enough the data was good. But after posting this, I've been trying to link to those ages with no luck, DI or Uru offline, both drop me back at the cleft.

So, I can't upload the patch unless I'm sure it works. BUT! If anyone has a retail version, which they're sure is the right one, I can send over the project files. All you have to do is point the program to the "old" and "new" data directories, and click a button, and it will spew out a patch, it should be no bigger than 2MB.

So, please, tell me if I'm doing something wrong, or if I just have the wrong version.
hgdagon

Postby Sirius » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:38 am

That's a really good idea, actually ! :D

I'd be interested in having a look at the patch, I think I still have both versions of the game lying around somewhere.
Well, actually I dunno if I'll have time to have a look at it in the near future, but eventually I'm sure we'll find a way to make it work with DI.
Sirius

Postby hgdagon » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:13 am

OK, I figured out what the problem was. I'm new to the DI shard (well, online play in general), so I had not finished Yeesha's reQuest, so I created a new character and tried dropping down the volcano, except that dowsn't work, just spawns you back at the cleft. You need to link to Cleft with the book that Yeesha gives you after you finish said reQuest. So I took the time and played through the game and then dropped down the volcano - it works, all good!

So, I posted the patch in a new thread to avoid confusion. It's over here.
hgdagon

Return to Deep Island