Using the #Myst25 macOS Uru:CC port for Deep Island

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Using the #Myst25 macOS Uru:CC port for Deep Island

Postby Korovev » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:15 am

The anniversary update brought an official macOS port (wrapper) for Uru:CC. This wrapper can be used to play on Deep Island!

Warning: the sav folder is not in the wrapper itself, but in your user folder. Details below; the gist is that the avatars are shared, and once you start DI they won’t work with regular Uru: CC, unless you swap the user folder.

To set up the client, make a copy of the Uru Complete Chronicles app, then right-click on the game and select Show Package Contents; now navigate to (it’s deeply nested!):
Code: Select all
Uru Complete Chronicles.app/Contents/SharedSupport/uru_cc/support/uru/drive_c/URU-CC/

You’ll find the typical Windows Uru:CC folder; extract and drop the content of the DI patch here. Now remove UruSetup.exe and rename Uru.exe as “UruSetup.exe”. Climb back to the game, and maybe rename it.

The wrapper should now pick the replacement client, and ask for your GoW login. Done!

The macOS port should also work with Drizzle.
Last edited by Korovev on Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Re: Using the #Myst25 macOS Uru:CC port for Deep Island

Postby Sirius » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:02 pm

Nice work ! It's cool that things are getting a bit easier/more stable for MacOS users too.

Now I'm actually wondering if the CC patch Chogon released a while ago works only on PC, or also on Mac, and whether it's compatible with Deep Island. Just because it would be cool if eventually everyone had access to DI and the widescreen patch :)
Sirius

Postby Korovev » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:58 am

Good point! I’ll test that later.

I can already say that the beta update doesn’t work with DI, because the patcher re-downloads the client.

I’m told it’s a matter of loading the update into the server, which is probably premature while it’s still a beta.
Korovev

Postby Korovev » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:57 am

So, the beta update worked for me (though the game hanged when I quit, so I had to force it).

However, I found a big issue with the OP: the sav folder (and a few other game files) is not in the wrapper itself, but in the user folder (if you can’t see the Library folder, try with ⇧⌘L):
Code: Select all
<User folder>/Library/Application Support/Uru Complete Chronicles/Bottles/uru/drive_c/URU-CC/

Because all copies of the wrapper identify as Uru: CC, the avatars are shared; once Deep Island is launched, they all get converted for online use and become unusable for offline play :o . Making a new one doesn’t seem to work either, the entire Uru Complete Chronicles folder apparently has to be deleted.

At the moment all I can suggest is making a backup of the folder inside Application Support and swapping it before playing. I’ve updated the OP with a warning.
Korovev

Return to Deep Island