Fan Age expedition: Cathedral [spoilers]

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Fan Age expedition: Cathedral [spoilers]

Postby dendwaler » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:53 am

To Ehren
4. This one is pretty small, but it seems like the fountain water should run a little faster to look natural.

This is what i made later in unity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFeHNMSwGoQ
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby dendwaler » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:56 am

How to solve the gong puzzle by what is given in the age

When you are able to enter the north wing and can start with the gong puzzle, then you have already completed the task of finding the journey cloth's.
you will need the knowledge you earned by that.

However there is some basic knowledge required.
You have to now that in music you have 12 tones in an octave 7 whole notes and 5 half tones.
with the journey you have seen the 7 whole notes you heared them and you saw how to write this in a score.
Lets resume these 7 notes in a picture. c,d,e,f,g,a,b

these are written as in the next picture.
Show Spoiler
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby dendwaler » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:21 pm

now i look to it again, i have to admit that there might be some inconsistency between notes a and b.
I have to overthink this. My excuses this happened , it might have confused visitors .

dendwaler

Postby Deledrius » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:41 pm

Hey, your pictures look a lot like the notes I took when I played through!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Korovev » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:04 pm

Emor D'ni Lap wrote:May I suggest you start all over again, AFTER an announcement at next month's All Guilds Meeting?

And perhaps you could try to schedule so that DenDwaler could be part of the tour, too?

I will of course announce it at the next AGM. The Touring Club thing is something I meant to try for a while, and a recent issue (apparently) with Cathedral gave the final push ;) These first few expeditions will help me calibrate them better before a formal announcement.

dendwaler wrote:Maybe in the future it will become available on Gehn much improved , with the good sound and with better lightning, different scripting , real multiplayer etc.
But that is so much work , it will take its time.

No worry, these visits are mainly a way to celebrate the over 100 Ages that are hosted on DI. The feedback is a bonus in case the authors decide to do some more work on their Ages ;)

dendwaler wrote:Lots of misunderstanding, people leave the age halve finished, newcommers cannot understand what happened and sometimes never happens for them .

Yeah, my fault, I fogot to use /!resetage before starting. Next time let’s not split the party, people :D
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Théodore » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:42 pm

For those of you that have no musical ears at all. And I mean by that, no musical ears!

Unless someone plays Do Ré Mi Fa Sol La Si Do, I cannot tell whether you played Mi Do La or Si Ré Sol. :lol:

There's the brute force technique. You just need pure logic and it is easy.

Show Spoiler

Maybe it is not the intended way but hey... I'm musical-impaired!
Théodore

Postby dendwaler » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:17 am

@ Theodore,

yes, thats another way to solve it, and not to difficult.
By the way the numbers besides the dni notes are referring to the octave in which the note is played.
And you are right there is only 1 note in octave 3.
thanks for your comment, appreciated.!

dendwaler

Postby Théodore » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:12 pm

Hi,

I should have at least tell you that I really appreciate your age! I played it a long time ago but after @Philipgr on another post wrote recently that he had some issues solving the musical puzzle; I linked back in Cathedral and reworked my walkthrough to make it more easy to follow. I'm not really good at critique. I can just imagine all the hard work that goes in creating/building an age. I'm an explorer that's all.

The elements most likely to make an age relevant for most explorers:
1) good storyline;
2) puzzles inside the age (not too difficult, I won't name ages, but some puzzles are way too hard to even be enjoyable, it's a game not a torture!);
3) good lighting;
4) great sounds / musical scores;
5) the vastness of the age;
6) the diversity of areas one can visit;
7) the overall realism, avatars are that much high, if I get inside a room and everything looks like it had been built by giants for giants... well...;
8) the use of colours / textures;
9) panic link proof;
10) replayability.

Some might add sticking to the cannon, but I'm not really fan of that. As long as the storyline is not too far stretch, I'm good with that.
I know that for textures or assets early age builders were really constraint, Cyan back in 2007 was not Cyan in 2020 were all their assets can now be used for age building. Most builders back then had to work with new textures, different assets not made for URU. I think also the tools for making an age changed a lot. I'm seeing improvement along the way.

You are the one behind Turtle Isle too. That's one of my ten favorite ages!
Théodore

Postby Chacal » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:07 pm

Dendwaler I feel the pain, I made two mods for CS2015, thousands of people downloaded it but I received not a single comment, and not enough ratings to display them.

I'm not sure what it means for my mod, but rest assured everyone who tried your Cathedral found it amazing. I started exploring it with my 8-year-old son, but we stopped at the music puzzle (we're both ADHD) and forgot to come back.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby dendwaler » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:23 pm

hi Chacal! thats a long time ago.
thx for the cheer up!
Then go back , read the spoilers and finish the age, you realy have to see the better parts.
Years ago , you posted some images, i used one of them and builded nearly a complete age around it.
I never finished it, maybe i will do it now agebuilding is starting to tickle me again.
You will certainly recognize it.

Theodore thx for your opinion, i can agree with almost everything you sommed up.
the difficult part is to maintain that vision during building.
After the cathedral i was glad that it was finished, and itwas difficult to restart again.

dendwaler

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island