Fan Age expedition: Andy's Ages

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Fan Age expedition: Andy's Ages

Postby melvin » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:19 am

I was deeply shocked to read this sad news, only a few years older than me. He was my hero, his works inspired me to make my ages, & with out his tutorials it may not have been possible. Rest in peace Andy, we will always remember you & your wonderful ages.
melvin

Postby diafero » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:34 am

That is shocking and sad news indeed. :( I still remember the awe when I visited Zephyr Cove for the first time, that was a milestone in fan age graphics quality. And it was not the only milestone in Andy's Ages. I also remember the endless amounts of tutorials he wrote, in particular when 3ds Max came around.

Andy, you will be missed, and your ages will live on for as long as Uru lasts.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Dulcamara » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:00 am

I missed the frist age on this tour. But hey, i know all ages of Andy Legate, and i realy love them all.
Andy, even if i knowed him not personal, he was my teacher in the early beginnings. I know i never get perfect.
But for me it is ok.... Without Andy and his tutorials i would never have gotten that far. I would probably never have built an age........
Thank you Andy legate for all what you have build for us.
And thank you Korov van Noort that you organisat this fan expeditions for the players.
It make more fun to explore ages with a troup of explorer.
Also the Deep Island Shard wake up again and have newcomers, so we have not fear that they close him in the next times....... :D
Dulcamara

Postby Korovev » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:17 pm

Added Minasunda’s video!
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Previous

Return to Deep Island